I'm Holding Out For A Hero

"You are the reason I'm dead!" A kick came to my stomach. I curled up into a ball to protect my organs. The woman who looked like my mother walked over to me and pulled me up by my hair. "If you hadn't been weak I would be alive! This is all your fault."

Suddenly both she and I were on a rope bridge. My father and brother appeared next to her. "It's your fault Abigail. I wish you weren't born so my mate would be alive." Those words tore into me like a knife. My brother knelt by me. "It's thanks to you we don't have a mother."

He lifted me up and put me on the other side of the bridge. He let go of my wrist and I grabbed the side to I didn't fall. "We should have made you an Omega." His foot collided with my neck and I started falling. A scream escaped my mouth and my family just smiled as I fell.

"Abigail!" A voice called for me. It was deep but soft and full of worry. My body started shaking and I thought my dream self was having a seizure. "Abigail wake up!"

Suddenly my eyes burst open. I was greeted by the sight of my brown eyed, and very shirtless, mate. He placed his finger under my chin and made me look deep into his eyes. "What happened?" I've slept next him for two nights now and not once did my nightmare come. "Just a bad dream."

"Tell me about it." He said as he propped himself up on one arm facing me. With a sigh I described to him every detail of the dream. "Why would your mother say it's your fault she died?"

"Because it was." His eyes squinted like he was confused. "A week before she died we had a day out. She let me pick where we went to eat. Both of us got really sick and ended up in the hospital. After a week I got better. She didn't." A tear rolled down my cheek and he wiped it away. "Is that why you became shy? Because of your mother's death?"

I nodded at him. "I feared that they would make me an Omega, or worse. I thought if I just stayed away and silent they wouldn't notice me so they couldn't make me an Omega. For a year I didn't speak to anyone. Once I got over that fear I was able to talk again but I never broke the shyness." Theo pulled me against his body.

"I'm so sorry Abigail." He placed a kiss on my forehead. "I pushed myself so hard as a dancer during that year." Theo flashed me a smile. "Well, that's better than other things." I smiled at him and placed a kiss on his forehead. "Why don't you get some more sleep? We have to head to your pack early in order to get there by nine." He was right. My pack was nearly two hours away. Considering it was Monday rush hour would be in full swing. "Okay."

As I flipped around so my back was against Theo. He pulled me close to him. Between the heat of his body and the sound of his heart beat I fell asleep rather quickly. Dreams didn't come with this round of sleep.

A few hours later I woke to the feeling of someone rubbing my shoulders. "Wake up love." Theo whispered in my ear. "Five more minutes." A deep sexy laugh was in my ear. "I'll let you sleep until I get out of the shower." He kissed the back of my head and took a shower.

Slowly I woke up before Theo got out. Bless the Moon Goddess though because when Theo came out he was only in a towel. Blush spread across my face as a smirk came across his. Theo walked up to me and whispered in my ear. "Just remember, all of this is just for you."

The bathroom couldn't have been further away. The heat on my face didn't slip away until I finished my shower. As I blow dried my hair I thought about how my father would react to seeing me again. The only make-up I wore was a bit of blush, eyeliner, mascara, and a light pink lipstick.

My outfit was simple. Just a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a nice white top and black flats. Theo came by me and smiled. "You look lovely. We need to get going now."

I had been at Theo's pack for three days and so far Theo had kept his promise. My virtue was still intact and my skin still unmarked. Theo helped me into the front seat of the car and then we drove away.