Are You Comming To The Tree?

Wait. What?!

First of all, why me? There are like 45 other girls better than me. Second, WHAT? All we had ever talked about was dancing! He never expressed romantic feelings for me. Yeah he touched me all the time but come on! We were dance partners for Christ's sakes!

I saw Theo out of the corner of my eyes. He was pissed. I took his hand and started rubbing it trying to calm him. "Why me? I'm nothing special." I don't know who was more shocked. My father, because I never speak on my own free will at these meetings. Adam, because he thought I was crazy. Or Theo, because he probably thought something completely different.

Adam looked me dead in the eyes though. "It's because you are so beautiful, smart, and strong. You may not see it but when we dance together its magical. When we are that close and my hands are on you it feels right. Even if we aren't mates. Every night I don't have a mate I end up thinking how I would love to wake up next to you everyday and us having a family."

I tried to open my mouth to protest but I never got a chance to.

It all happened so fast. One minute Adam was across from me. The next, Theo picked him up and threw him at a wall. He pinned him up there by his sleeves on his shirt. Everyone was in too much shock to move. "Don't you dare EVER talk about her like that again!" Theo growled. Like seriously, he growled.

Mate one. Asshole zero. Evey said. Theo literally started throwing punches at Adam. I was the first one to move and run over to them. Adam was bruised and his lip and nose were bleeding. I set my arm on Theo's bicep. Holy shit it was firm, in a good way. "Stop. Please Theo calm down." I started saying to him. He was still tensed and pissed though.

"Please love, calm down. He didn't know." This time I tried whispering in his ear as I ran my hand up and down his bicep. With my hand on his muscle I felt it relax a bit. "Love, look at me." When the hell did I start calling him love?! He did look at me though and I placed a hand on his cheek. "Let him go." Surprisingly Theo actually let him go. We returned to the rest of the Alpha's and Beta's who were in shock.

Theo and I sat down as my father spoke. "You see my daughter can't accept your offer. She found her mate in Alpha Michaels." Adam had gone to take care of his face. Part of me was pissed at Theo for punching my friend. The other part of me was a bit turned on by the fact he defended me.

"We weren't told this why?" Yeah, why didn't they know. I turned to my father expecting an answer. "I didn't want her to be pulled from the task in case you thought the mate bond clouded her judgment." My father did have a point there. Alpha Jacobson looked right at me and I bowed my head. "You did plan on telling us correct?"

"Yes Alpha." I said in a whisper. He just nodded. After the others left it was just me, Theo, my father, and James. Something told me Theo wanted to leave. I gave my father and brother a hug before I left and Theo and I started heading back.

Once we were on the highway Theo glanced my way and spoke up. "I'm sorry for what I did back there. I just got protective of you when someone tried to take you from me." His hand reached for mine and I grasped his. "It's alright. I understand why you did it. Believe me I had no idea he wanted that."

"I believe you." The rest of the ride back was mostly silent, but that was okay. We communicated through our hands. We would only be able to communicate in our minds after we had mated. I still wasn't ready for that. Part of me knew it was against our wolfs nature to wait but I needed to.

Theo was still grasping my hand and squeezing it tight as something caught my eye. When I turned and looked out my window I saw it. Hurling towards us was a car. "Theo, be car-" I didn't get to finish my sentence because an overwhelming amount of pain rushed through my body. "Abigail!" I heard a voice weakly call before I passed out.

The car had hit us on my side.