Gotta Be You

The smell of Alfredo hit my nose the moment I left the room. Hell, I didn't even know Alpha Michaels could cook. Who actually did though? From what I heard of him he is always attending meetings. He probably only cooked for the women he presumably had around him.

No doubt that at some point one of these girls will come up to me and claim he is their mate. Things like this tend to always happen. Girls get jealous and try and blackmail you out of the way. When you are mated to an alpha everything is just high school again.

As I neared the kitchen other scents trickled into my nose. The butter and garlic mixture was the second strongest. Even with that scent the scent of my mate was stronger and made Evey spring up. Even just looking around the corner I could tell how close his shirt hugged him.

His muscles were well defined as the shirt highlighted them perfectly. My eyes trailed down and I could make out a six pack. Evey was licking her lips at him.

He looked up and I could feel his eyes pierce mine. "Mate has pretty eyes!" Evey chirped up. Of! Freaking! Course! That wolf only decides to talk when I'm checking out a guy. "His wolf is really nice! He says that Theo is really sweet."

"Since when are you on a first name basis with our mate?"

"Since he became our mate."

Of course. The wolfs tend to bond before the humans in the mate bond. It was a weird relationship.

"Abigail, did you get settled in?" He asked. His voice brought me back to reality. "Yes." My voice was barley a whisper. Shyness was my natural instinct. It was this annoying little habit that I would have to break. At least I need to if I'm going to be Luna. "Do you need help with anything?" Back home I would be the one who made meals. Dad was a good cook but I loved to cook so my food ended up turning out better.

"I've got it. Why don't you sit down?" I gave a slight nod and agreed. I took a seat at the island and was starting to hear the soft music. Instantly I closed my eyes and imagined a dance to it.  A turn here. A leap there. A pataboure and calypso here. I came out of my thoughts as a plate was placed in front of me. "Thank you Alpha Michaels."

My wolf sighed and I could see Alpha Michaels tense up. "Abigail, you are my mate. You don't need to call me alpha." Of course he would say that. How stupid of me. Damn submissive nature! "Sorry Al- Theo." I corrected myself quickly. The way his name rolled off my tongue felt great. Saying it felt like a sweet honey was touching my taste buds.

His smile though made me weak. Half his lip curved up in a smirk and a little dimple appeared. He grabbed a plate for himself and sat next to me. The heat radiating from him felt nice against my skin.

As I took a bite of the pasta it ignited my mouth. It was so delicious. The noodles were a perfect al dente. The Alfredo I could tell was home made because it had this lightness and the seasonings brought out the best flavors.

"This is amazing Theo." The slightest blush came and pinked up his cheeks. "Thank you Abigail. That means a lot coming from you." I offered him a small smile as a brunet with deep green eyes and an outfit showing way too much skin walked in. "Babe, I'm here." Her voice made me want to shove her through a wall.

"Who's the girl babe?" And cue the annoying bitch who claimed to be my mate's mate. Why did every alpha-mate situation end up like this! Seriously it's so clichéd that I wanted to vomit. "Louise, this is Abigail. She is my mate and future Luna of the pack."

The scoff the bitch made makes my skin crawl. "No, it's okay. I understand that you were here before me. I'll be gone in a few days once my duties to my pack are fulfilled." I swear both of their jaws were wide open. It was clear enough to me that Louise thought I would put up a fight. Honestly she probably would make a better Luna then me.

"Well, that seams about right pup." Okay, that makes me want to rip her head off. Instead of ripping her head off though I took the high road and started to get up. A strong hand clamped around my arm though. "No. Abigail you are the one I want. Not Louise." A small smile spread across my face but a revenge look was on the bitch.

"Babe! She isn't even your mate!"

"Yes she is! Now leave and don't ever come back." Theo had used his alpha tone and she submitted. She ran so fast out that door I could almost feel a wind. Theo looked at me though with a bit of hurt in his eyes. "Why would you let her do that?"

"Because she was with you before me. I don't really like taking things from other people." Then the craziest of things happened. His soft lips lightly brushed against mine. It was like finally landing somewhere safe. I'd never had an actual kiss before but this was a good first.

"How can you take something from someone what is already yours?"