Epilogue: Spaces Between Us

Theo's P.O.V

Sixteen years later

The battle raged around me. A group of hunters from the north decided to attack since we killed a couple of their members who were spying on us and almost killed my son. Jonathan turned fifteen a few months ago. He showed so much promise as an alpha.

"We need to help the Alpha!" One of my warriors shouted. "Our instructions were clear! Send them away!" My Beta yelled back. One of the hunters got a good couple of shots on me. As I laid on the ground my wedding ring caught the light. In sixteen years I hadn't taken it off. Well, that isn't true. I took it off when I showered. I also took it off when Prim wanted to bake with me.

My little Prim. She was thirteen now. One day when she was five she went through the room. In there she found Abbie's pointe shoes. That day she asked to be enrolled in classes. Most days she was dancing in the big room, the one where I danced with Abbie, when she was finished with homework. Prim was very skilled. In just a few years she would be as good as Abbie.

My limbs turned into lead as more blood poured out of the wound. I had been shot before so the feeling wasn't new. What was new was how fast the feeling spread throughout my body. Each nerve felt like it was weighed down by weights. All of the lights seemed brighter. Then I felt it.

The softest pair of hands grasped mine and pulled me close. In a flash all of the pain was gone. All around me was white except for the one person in front of me. Her hair was its perfect blonde shade and tightly pulled back into a bun. Her smile every bit as perfect as I remembered it. The glint of the ring drew my attention as she softly she caressed my cheek and the years fell off of me. "You have aged far too many years dear." Hearing her voice made me smile like I haven't in years. "And you haven't aged one my flightless bird."

My Abigail.

She wasn't in the dress she died in sixteen years ago. No. She was just wearing a black leotard, a pink tutu that was thin and short, white tights, and of course her pointe shoes. It took me a year before I finally decided to adopt the kids. Jonathan was from an Alpha line but was orphaned when his pack was wiped out and had no family. I adopted Prim two years later. I never did marry again though. James would make sure they were alright.

For the first time in sixteen years I pulled my mate close and kissed her. I had waited sixteen years to see her again. I almost saw her within the first year I lost her. The depression was crippling. Her brother talked me out of killing myself. He said it wasn't what she would want. Looking at her now and raising the kids I know he was right.

As she pulled away I took her right hand in my left and placed my right hand on her hip. In my mind there was music. As long as there was music she would dance.

And dance she did.

After leading her in a few moments of simple two person dancing I spun her out as she did a chain of shenae turns. Before she could land in fifth position I caught up and lifted her. As I brought her down I dipped her so she was facing the ground but she was in passé. Slowly I brought her up and set her down.

Her back faced me as I grabbed her hand and wrapped my other arm around her. I could see her close her eyes as once again I lead her. Before she died I told her she would fly again. I told her she wouldn't be flightless forever. I was right.

Together we danced into the Moon Goddess's waiting embrace.

The End