Preview!!!!!

Below is a preview of a new story called "Running Out of Time". The newest werewolf story from me.

"I, Ryan Eaton, reject you, Lilly Adams, as my mate." With those few words he had signed my death sentence. He just simply turned around and went back to a dumb blonde. Everyone in the lunch room had their eyes on me. Yes it embarrassed me beyond compare but I wouldn't let myself become a laughing stock.

Instead of ruining out of the lunch room crying I held my head high and walked out. Of course the snickers followed me from all the mean girls. I also caught the looks of pity. As I walked out of school I just calmly went to my car.

I didn't even cry on my way home. It wasn't until I walked into my house and I saw my twin brother tears started to fall. Today was our seventeenth birthday and he had elected to stay home. Both of us were able to read when something was wrong with the other. When we were younger we joked about it being our super power.

He didn't even need to look at me before he paused his video game and ran with incredible speed and wrapped me in his arms. The familiar feeling of my brother made the dam break. Tears poured out of my eyes. "What happened?" Lance asked.

"My mate rejected me." I actually heard my brother choke down a sob. Usually it's girl twins that did everything together. That was me and my brother. We joined the same sports, took the same classes, (even though I was the better student).

He knew as well as I that in five years I would die if I didn't find my second chance. All our lives we never pictured the day when we would die apart. We never thought it would be so far apart from each other. "Why would he reject you?" Oh I don't know. Maybe it was because I tend to be a know it all? Is it the fact I wear hooddies and leggings all the time? Or maybe it's the glasses and braces that take up my face.

"I don't know Lance. All I know is he rejected me for a bleached blonde tramp, with a fake tan and a boob job." I cried out. Lance wrapped his arms around me tighter. "What's his name. I'll rip his lungs out." I couldn't help but force a laugh at my brother. The idea of him going against a Beta for me was funny.

It wasn't that I didn't have faith he would actually win. I was just scared of what would happen to him if he did. Most likely he would be thrown out and become a rogue. I heard the door open and shut as my parents walked in. "Lilly, why are you home?" Lance took the liberty of explaining the situation to our parents.

My parents hugged me tight. Statistics were against me in this situation. Eight out of ten times when someone got rejected they didn't find their second chance. Mom and dad had never been shy about telling my brother, little sister Alice, and I these things. They explained to me my two options.

The first was spend the five years looking for the second chance I may never find. The second was to spend the years I had left to enjoy life. Mom and dad said that mom's family had a tradition of setting aside money in case someone got rejected and they just wanted to go and live life. The account got passed down with each generation and split evenly between the kids. Every month they added to it since they had smart investments in the stock market. Because of the investments we were better off then most but we weren't quite first class.

People say that I don't take enough chances. They say I stay too safe in life. I told my parents that I wanted to live a life. Dad went online to book my flight. Lance and mom helped me pack my bags. When Alice got home we told her exactly what was going on. Since she was twelve she knew the whole deal with mates and stuff.

My first flight was to London to meet with my cousin who got rejected last month. Within three hours I was saying good bye to my family and getting on the plane to London.