Realized I'd Loved You In The Fall

It was so weird being in another pack house. Even if it was my mate's house it was weird. Actually that made it even weirder. Mate. I still wasn't used to the thought that I had a mate let alone that he didn't reject me. From what I heard being rejected by your mate hurt like hell. Part of me feared he would reject me yet.

"Hey, don't be nervous." Yeah, like that ever works. This wasn't like some book where the guy said that and the girl is suddenly isn't nervous. In real life it just made them more nervous. Especially of the girl is the shy type like me.

"The rest of the pack is out doing patrols and such. They won't be back until latter." I just smiled and nodded. At least I wouldn't have to meet them until later. As we stopped outside a mahogany door Theo flashed me that smile. It made my insides melt and feel like jelly. I wanted him to kiss me right there. Wait, what?!

"Don't worry. I bet his lips are soft and warm." God damn it! Why did I have to get the wolf who wanted to kiss her mate right away? "Evey, please don't put those thoughts in my head." The door opened to the room and I almost lost my breath.

There was a king sized bed and an attached bathroom. On the dresser were some family photos and such. There was also a tv in the room. My family didn't live in our pack's pack house because living just on the outskirts of the territory let my mom's parents visit often. I haven't seen them since her funeral. "You can put your stuff in the closet and the dresser."

Half of his closest was empty with just hangers. No doubt he saved that half for his mate. "I'll leave you for a bit to get settled in." All I did was smile and nod. "Thank you." I whispered last minute. He smiled then left. My suit case was placed on the bed and when I opened it I sighed in relief. Why did my mate have to be an alpha?

There was no way that I would get my stuff unpacked unless I played music. My ear phones were in my dance bag and so was my phone. The minuet I pulled it out and plugged in the ear phones I shuffled my music. An instant calm washed over me. Suddenly the doing this simple task wasn't so daunting. Meeting your mate was a big change for anyone. It meant a whole shift to your life.

Back to December by Taylor Swift came on as the first song. Once I opened the suit case the first thing I started hanging up was my long sleeved shirts. Nearly every piece of long sleeved clothing I owned came from a dance store. Even my leggings came from there. I had a bit of OCD when it came to organizing my dance clothes. Not only were they color coordinated but they all had a cover up like thing over them. I made sure though the few leotards I had were all the way in the back. There was no way in hell I would ever live it down if Theo saw them.

Once I was satisfied with how my dance clothes were organized I hung up dresses and skirts. I also had a few hoodies that I hung up. My dance bag with my shoes and drawing stuff was set on the top shelf. Hopefully my mate didn't go through that bag. Everything else I put in the dresser. I owned more leggings then jeans so my jeans were in the same place as my pajamas.

How am I going to deal with being Luna? It just feels like I'm not going to be good enough. I ended up leaving the room and went to explore the pack house. Suddenly the smell of chicken Alfredo and homemade garlic bread made its way to my nose. I followed the scent and it lead me to the kitchen.