Chapter 1

"Lincoln there is something we have been meaning to tell you," Charles said as he sat across from me with mom at his side.
"With Mel finding her biological father and all we thought, why not look into your parents also," my mother said as I frowned looking at them.
"You two realize I am a grown man with a family already. What use would that information be to me now. Besides they both died in a car accident right?"
"Well not exactly," dad said moving to sit on the edge of the seat.

"Your mother is alive, she survived the car crash," he said just as Mel walked into the room.
"You mother is alive?" She said eyes wide open in excitement.
"I don't want to see her. If she wanted me, she should have looked for me," I growled seeing Mel's smile fall.
"Son it's not what you think," Rebecca said. "She lost her memory but ever since it returned she has been searching for you. According to the private investigator, she used all of her money looking for you, to the point or losing the only place she had to stay."
"So where is she now?" Mel asked.
"Staying in a homeless shelter," Rebecca said looking worried as Linc shot up from his seat leaving the room.
Giving them an apologetic look she left the room going after him as he headed to their bedroom.

What she saw broke her heart as he sat on the floor shaking from his cries.
"Sshhh darling. Tell me what can I do?" Mel murmured comforting him as he continued to cry not saying a word as her own tears ran down her cheeks. She never wanted to see him hurt this much.
"Just hold me," he said softly as she pulled him towards the bed holding him in her arms like a child.
What an eventful afternoon she thought to herself as she watched him drift off to sleep.

----

"Hi," he said looking at her as she lay beside him tracing his face with a finger.
"You look absolutely terrible," she said in greeting looking at his red eyes.
"So do you," he said pointing out her tear stained cheeks making her laugh.
"How are you feeling?" She asked him worriedly.
"A bit better. I think I might want to meet her," he said.
"I think I might like that idea," Mel said. "Do you want me to accompany you?"
"There is no way I am going there alone," he said getting out of bed slipping on a shirt.

Walking down the stairs they heard a nock on the door.
"Who could it be at this hour of the night?" Mel asked.
"Probably Ethan," Linc smiled.
Opening the door they saw a detective standing there with two uniformed cops.
"Lincoln Shields you have the right to remain silent, anything you say or do will be used against you in the court of law....." He said reading him his rights as handcuffs were placed on him.
"What is the meaning of this?" Mel said looking towards Walter who looked hopeless at the moment.
"Ma'am please calm down. I'm just doing what I was ordered to do," the detective said as they escorted Linc away.

---

"Commissioner would you care to explain the meaning of this outrageous accusation," Mel asked him as their lawyers stood behind her.
"Ma'am we cannot share the information we have with you. Only his lawyers, now please excuse me," he said as two of the lawyers left the room immediately.
"Take me to my husband," she said.
"I am sorry I cannot allow that."
"Listen to me commissioner. If I don't see my husband in the next 30 seconds you will be struggling to get out of your financial debt because I will have made sure your wife takes all of your money from the messy divorce making all that money you spent on your mistresses look like chump change. That's just the divorce think of the child support," she said not skipping a beat as he took a step towards her as Walter and his right hand men took a step forward flanking her.

Picking up his phone he called in the detective from earlier to take us to Linc. The two lawyers from earlier were sitting with Linc as he rubbed his wrists that held bruises from the handcuffs. No one was saying anything as they sat waiting for an officer. As soon as I walked in the gentlemen stood and excused themselves going off to probably talk with the commissioner. Taking his hand in hers they left the building sliding into the waiting limo but not pulling away, waiting for the lawyers who showed up a few minutes later. The three gentlemen sat up straight looking like they were debating on who would start talking.

"Speak," Linc spat looking outside the window.
"Rafael Rodriguez filed a complaint against you claiming you murdered your wife's ex-husband," one of them said.
"They let you leave since there was clearly no evidence against his claim and also because of your wife's threat," the second one pitched in as Lincoln's hand balled into a tight fist his gaze not leaving the window.
Pulling up in front of the company building the lawyers disembarked before they pulled off.

"Linc," Mel said softly after some time rubbing soothing circles on his wrist. Linc did not budge from his position as cars became a blur whilst she tried to pull him out of his trance like state. Straddling him she turned his head so he could face her.
"I will fix this Lincoln," she said worry etched on her features.
He looked lost before he simply said, "We will fix this."
Resting her forehead against his she felt his arms go around her and he let out a long sigh. Gently kissing him she poured all her love into that kiss as they made their way back home leaving no room for words.

----

Linc's POV

It seemed there was never going to be a dull moment in my life. First of my mother was alive and I wondered how that meeting would go. Secondly Rafael wanted to cause trouble even when behind steel bars.

Walking into my home office I found my wife slouched over the table papers scattered across the desk her laptop still on. Placing my hands on her waist she startled awake relaxing when she saw it was me.

"Good evening sweetheart," I murmured kissing her cheek.
"Good evening Linc," she said with a yawn stretching her arms.
"What have you been up to?" I asked pulling her up taking her seat and pulling her onto my lap.
"Just some work," she smiled mischievously. "How was your day?"
"Boring since you didn't come to the office with me.
"We both know you would have canceled meetings because of certain distructions," she said with a laugh.
"Pleasant distructions," he murmured against her lips.

Pulling away from him she turned to her laptop to reveal an image of a man and woman, my parents.
"Shall we go see your mom tomorrow?" She asked.
"I guess so," I said. "Then afterwards we can pay Rafael a visit," I said pulling her close once she stiffened at the mention of his name.

------------

"Miss Amelia Bonaqua?" Linc asked.
"Yes," the lady before them said as others passed them looking back at the couple talking to the old lady.
"Ma'am we heard you were looking for your son Lincoln," Mel said softly as the woman looked up at Linc tears welling up in her eyes.
Realization set in as took a step back shaking her head no.
"You are just a ghost. Can't you leave me alone Alexio?" She said taking a few steps back.
"I'm sorry mam but you must be mistaken. This is not your late husband," Mel said as realization dawned on her face.
"Lincoln?" She said taking a step forward. Raising a shaky hand she placed it on his cheek. He remained quiet looking at the woman who was his birth mother. "Lincoln," Amelia cried as she threw her arms around her son. He slowly wrapped his arms around her as she cried into his chest. It was quiet amazing to Mel how such a small woman had birthed a man who grew up to be as powerful as Linc, in both stature and status.

Letting them be Mel stood back and watched her own tears slowly falling.
"I'm glad to see you alive and well. Now I can die peacefully," Amelia said with a smile.
"Die? What is wrong?" Linc asked.

------

First chapter done. Hope you enjoyed that be prepared for what is to come 😉😉

Don't forget the usual... VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW, PROMOTE 😁

Love
Kudzi