Chapter 33

"Uncle Linc!" Two boys yelled as they got out of the car.
"Boys," he said crouching down before he was tackled onto the ground by them.

"Take it easy boys," a deep voice said as Mel looked up to look at the man before her.
He had the power to destroy a nation at the push of a button but chose to serve the country well.
"Melinda, a pleasure to finally meet you. I am sorry I could not come sooner," he said taking her hand for a simple kiss.
"Mr...Mr.."
"Please call me Adam," he said as Linc lifted the two boys up carrying them into the house whilst he wheeled Mel inside.

"I can't remember the last time Mel was this speechless," Linc said as they settled in the living room.

A few minutes later a woman carrying a little girl walked into the room as Mel's eyes widened.
"Darling remember the man I spoke of, this is he and his wife," Adam said going on to make formal introductions.
"What can I get you?" Mel asked after a few minutes.
"Any juice is fine by me," Nicole (Adams wife) said as Adam nodded for the same.

Leaving them she headed to the kitchen.

"She seems to be doing alright," Adam said.
"That's Mel for you. I don't know how she does it, if it was me I don't think I would be taking life positively as she is," Linc said softly.
"Don't underestimate the power of a woman gentlemen," Nicole said standing up handing their daughter to her father. "Please excuse me," she said heading in the same direction Mel went.

"Hi Mel," she said as Mel turned to face her quickly hiding her phone.
Nicole frowned after seeing this but said nothing.
"Hi. I was just about to come back," she stuttered.
"Well I wanted to chat with you without the boys around only if you will oblige me," she said.
"Oh, gladly."

"I wanted to talk to you about what happened," she said seeing Mel become more tense.
"Please don't shut me out. I know what you went through," she said sitting down. "All this," she said pointing at her prim and proper attire, "is just a cover up. Sort of like a shield if you may say."
"What happened?" Mel asked weakly.
"Being the wife of a senator had its perks and downfall. An opponents of his wanted to get incriminating information form him and chose to target his weakness. The rest you might have an idea of," she said with a smile.

Rolling up her slack Mel gasped seeing the angry red scar on her leg as tears poured out.
"I know what you are going through and I want you to know you are not alone. Your husband loves you dearly and when I heard about the situation I flew in for your surgery," she said as Mel's eyes widened.
"Why?"
"Because us girls got to stick together. There was no way I was going to let a fool who didn't know what he was doing operate on you. Your husband is a dear friend, more like a brother to us. But when he called yesterday I knew something was wrong I insisted in coming with Adam," she said as Mel tried to wipe away her tears failing miserably.

"It's okay dear. It's alright to cry," Nicole said leaning forward to hug her. "You are a fighter Melinda," she whispered.
Lincoln found them like this before turning to leave giving them some space.

---

"I need Rafael taken care of," he said to Adam.
"Shut him up taken care of or erased taken care of."
"Erase him," he replied.
"No problem at all. You owe me a basketball game for this," he said.
"Done," Linc said with a wide grin.
He knew the man before him controlled an organization that handled such matters hence his request. Very few people knew of this organization.

"I think the ladies are done now," he said with a worried expression after seeing Mel weep in Nicole's arms.
"Relax they will come when they are both ready. In the mean time you can show me were I can change this little ones diaper," he said making Linc laugh.
"Come on I'll show you," he said.