Chapter 18

"Melinda looking lovely as always," Lancelot Brickwall said in greeting as they arrived at his birthday party.
"Thank you Lance and thank you for inviting us," she said giving him a hug.
"You are welcome. Kelly has been looking for you," he smiled pointing out his wife who turned just in time to see them.

Heading inside they mingled with the guests as they spotted Raquel and her brother.
"Raquel so nice to bump into you again," Mel beamed as she looked at her suspiciously before wearing a smile for Kelly's sake.
"Yes it's very nice indeed," she mumbled.
"See you around," Mel waved as Linc pulled her away from them.

"Do you know why I love attending these parties with you?" Linc whispered into her ear pulling her close as they started to dance.
"Hmmm please do tell," she said with a sigh.
"I get to hold you really close showing the world you are off limits."
"Is that all. I thought there was more," Mel pouted.
"There is always more sweetheart but I'm afraid you will just have to find out later," he said spinning her aloud her smile growing wider as they danced.
"Can we rest a bit my feet are killing me," she whispered as he held her close supporting her.
"Of course love," he said looking at her heels knowing how much her toes must be suffering.

After making sure she was comfortable at the bar he stood by her as they waited for their drinks to arrive. A few minutes later Magda and Caspian arrived looking lovely.
Mel whispered something to Magda as she slipped away from them.

"Gentlemen let the games begin," she smiled as they turned to face the crowd as everyone chatted enjoying the celebration.

----

Raquel spotted Mel heading to the ladies and followed her. Once in the ladies she least expected for Mel to confront her first.
"What do you want?" Mel asked her with a blank expression as soon as she closed the door.
"I don't know what you are talking about. I came here to use the ladies."
"Listen here we both know you want my husband so let me just make it perfectly clear to you. Stay away from him. Stay away from my family," she said backing her into the door as she poked her shoulder. "And stay out of my way because I will do more than just rearranging your face," she spat angrily.
"Is that a threat?" Raquel said in a voice that revealed her panicked state.
"Oh honey it's more than a threat. It's a promise," she said. "Now get out of here, I need to use the bathroom," she said as Raquel left the ladies.

Returning to the party she spotted Mel standing beside Linc laughing at something he had said as they conversed with the Brickwalls.
Shaking her head she went to her brother.
"Has Mel been here for the last five minutes?"
"Yes," Rafael said looking at her puzzled.
Going to the bar to get a stronger drink she found Mel and Linc standing there sharing a drink.

"I love your dress Raquel. You should tell me the designer," she said. "Isn't that right darling?" She asked Linc who frowned at the dress.
"I prefer this one," he said sliding his hands down to her hips.
"Lincoln," Mel scolded him as he tried to not laugh.

Taking a swing of her drink she left the bar leaving the couple there. As she made her way through the crowd she bumped into someone and upon looking at the victim to apologize she froze as Mel wore a devilish smile mouthing the words, "Watch you back."
Looking back to the bar she saw Mel still standing with Linc as she turned back to find Rafael standing before her.
"Rafael," she whispered in a shaky voice.
"What is wrong sis?"
"There's two of them. Did you see her, one minute she is in a red dress then the next she is wearing a blue one," she said scanning the crowd.
"Who are you speaking of Raquel?"
"Mel. There are two of them," she mumbled.
"Mel is over there wearing the red dress," Rafael said pointing out Mel as she stood with Linc.
"No, no, no, she has a blue dress on. I saw her in the ladies and just now," she said scanning the crowd with a crazy look.
"Listen did you take your medication?"
"Do I look crazy Rafe?"
"No not at all. I am just worried," he said as the crowd parted revealing Mel waving at her with the same devilish smile from earlier.
"She is there!" She said pointing in that very direction but upon turning Rafael saw nothing. "No, no, no she is there," she said dragging Rafael as they found a lady wearing the same exact blue dress she had seen.
Grabbing ahold of the woman's arm she as she was talking to Caspian she gasped seeing a different woman from the one she expected.

"Is everything alright Cas?" Mel asked as Raquel literally jumped out of her skin as she wore a crazed look.
"There were two of you. I could have sworn I saw you in a blue dress."
"Blue dress? What are you talking about Raquel. I have been with my husband the whole evening," Mel said with a shocked expression as several guests turned to see what was going on.
"Did you take your medication?"
Rafael took her purse opening it to find her prescription still full.
"Why haven't you been taking your medication?"
"No, no, no my pills were not full. That..that bottle was almost empty," she shrieked as two security members arrived.
"I am sorry Raquel," Rafael said as he nodded his head for the men to get ahold of her.
"You! You did this. I am going to kill you! I will kill you do you hear me!" She yelled looking at Mel.
"Aww, such a shame. I actually thought she was on the mend," Mel pouted as Linc took her hand leading her away.

Yes it's short but hey hope you enjoyed😉

Also

His Achilles Heel is out http://w.tt/1pSxHok