Chapter 26

Greetings good people!!!!
I hope I find you all well.

So here is the Recap

"Excuse me sir but we are just trying to enjoy some piece and quiet," Mel said with a tight lipped smile.
"Did you hear that? She wants piece and quiet. This here ain't the place for such especially for the likes of you," the one named Brad said.
"We don't like your kind around these here parts. It's bad for business," the other said.
"Especially with dirt like you," he said before spitting right in Mel's face...

And Now...

"Thank you for notifying us," Mel whispered wiping away the spit with a napkin noticing Linc mumbling to himself as he looked down at the table eyes closed. She felt his hand tremble with anger and anyone looking closely would notice the vivid tap of his leg before he snapped his head up.
"Where is the police chief?" He asked with a smile that looked sincere to anyone who didn't know him.
"Why is this piece of crap asking about the sheriff?" Brad asked as his buddy shrugged whilst Linc chuckled looking away from them catching eyes with Mel.

Mel looked around the diner noticing several people leaving shaking their heads in disappointment as some stayed behind.
"You should go back wherever the hell you came from. And you," he said pointing at Mel. "Before you leave make sure that seat is spotless, we wouldn't want an epidemic breakout."
"How far is the nearest hospital?" Linc asked in serious tone.
"This idiot keeps asking stupid questions. What you should be asking is were the nearest exit."
"Yeah and I think you need help finding it," Brad said grabbing Mel's arm yanking her up as she winced in pain from his tight grip.
"Lincoln," she cried out as she watched Linc's eyes darken more than they already were as his gaze snapped towards the arm holding Mel.

"That hand," he said in a deadly tone nostrils flaring. "That hand," he repeated closing his eyes as he took a deep breath a dangerous smile forming upon his lips.
Slowly standing up he easily towered over the two buffoons as Brad's hold on her became slack but not loose enough for her to let go.
"Lincoln, look at me," Mel said as she stopped struggling from Brad's grasp.
Shifting his gaze from the nuisance he looked down at her a gentle smile appearing on his face.
Pulling out his phone he pressed a single button before putting it away.
"I will deal with the rest love. Him you can have," he smiled as he looked straight at Brad who had a confused look on his face.
A few seconds later the diner phone started ringing. The manager a tall lanky man who was most likely in his early forties picked up the phone. Who was he speaking to? None other than Ken as he gave him a quick briefing on what was happening going as far as saying.
"I'm afraid tomorrow's headlines might be...'Young couple found dead' in this little town of ours, he chuckled. Ken must have been coaxing him for the idiot to runt this far before he started speaking as the manager listened.

To see a grown man become pale in front of you meant he was either very afraid, ill or dead. And the manager looked like he was close to the latter as Ken most likely informed him the trouble they had just created.
"Sh*t," he breathed out just as Linc locked the doors. How he got there no one knew as they turned to face him. He stood out like a god, his shoulders squared, mouth set into a thin line, hands fisted as his sides. And the fact that he towered over most of the idiots he was just in his element as no one spoke in the diner. It seemed as though they were waiting for him to make the first move which he indulged them in.

"Not a child or woman in sight," Linc smiled as he scanned the diner. "Well except for you my love," he said giving Mel a sultry look as Brad tightened his grip on her arm.