Chapter 28

"Now you and I know why I am here. I need that stone before I obviously end your life," he said facing Linc who never removed his gaze from Mel.
Her eyes spoke volumes, she was in pain, angry, afraid and she needed him. Never in his life had Lincoln been more afraid. This man had his one true weakness in his hands.

"You must be wondering how we got her. Hmmm where do I start?

I paid a man to sabotage your navigation system and anchor cables. Had a group of my men on standby for just the moment when you accidentally fell into the water. You really should get your staff checked out, the things one can do for money," he chuckled seeing Linc's questioning look.

Yes it was supposed to be you,

"But it seems I got something better. The little Mrs.

And let me tell you it was a telenovela watching you cry over her, I mean could it get any better. Here I was watching you cry with your wife right beside me and might I say she is one hell of a spitfire," he laughed. "A woman like her can make a man do anything I tell you, even go as far as going down on their knees just for her attention.

Cas grabbed Linc's hand before he did anything foolish.

"Who knows I might just return her whole but in pieces," he laughed seeing Linc become tense.
"Don't worry I will not harm the child. I don't mess with innocent lives especially that of a child," he said in a serious tone with a hint of sincerity just as he turned off his iPad.

They watched Marco as he stood up to leave with a proud smile on his face. Cas took out his phone in a flash just as the door closed.
"Tag him."
Linc sat in a daze still holding the same expression as many scenarios went through his head. It took him a while to register what Cas was saying as one of his men grabbed Gideon escorting him out of the building.

A few minutes after getting in the car Cas answered his phone cursing when his men lost the signal of the microchip they had planted on Marco's car.
"Lincoln talk to me, you are beginning to worry me," Cas said as they made their way back to his estate.
"She is alive Cas," he said finally breaking down.
Informing everyone of what was happening they all gathered at his house to find means of tracking down Mel.

Her tracker was still offline. They were definitely tempering with the frequency.

------

Marco

To have an advantage over Casper felt like...it felt freaking awesome, unbelievable, exhilarating even, better than a rush of adrenalin indeed as I left the little restaurant. I knew Cas would tag my car, that was a dead giveaway and it felt fantastic to be ahead of him.

As we pulled off I told my driver to head for the tunnels were I had a team ready to sweep and remove the tracker. Once done I headed to my home were Enrique waited for me. The old man sure knew how to convince a man to help him, but as soon as he described Caspian I was hooked. He was my arch nemesis. Everything he wanted he got, the bigger, better clients, the best deals, powerful friends and above all else loyalty amongst his workers.

"I hope you have good news," Enrique growled as soon as I entered my house.
"I thought you old people always preached manners. Not even a hello," I snapped as I headed to my office without another word.

"Now to answer your enquiry. They will soon give us the stone that I am sure of, but now I need us to get rid of the woman. Send her back damaged good but alive nonetheless. You know how I don't want the blood of an innocent on my hands," I told him watching his expression turn from triumph to anger.
"She has to die. Those two put my little girl back in the nut house and my son is M.I.A."
"But they are alive are they not. Now why would you want someone's blood on your hands."
"Very well but make her pay," he said after careful consideration of my words.