Chapter 29

@shies322, SuzettePeters , @nellybell, @Mstaylor513, @AlexisKyleisha, @Princess9718, @elnorap, @SanciaWright, @Kdavis06, @KDCM1968 and @KeishaBaker here is another update for you awesome people including anyone else I left out. There are just too many of you...😉

Lincoln's POV

The steady rise and fall of her chest told me she was indeed alive. After transferring her back home the children had refused to stay away from their mother. I couldn't blame them, I was part of the crew myself.

"Does it hurt?" Rose enquired looking at her mothers legs.
"Yes baby," she whispered.
"So no jumping on the bed," I ordered gently as Rose nodded her head. "Are you comfy enough?" I asked her before placing a kiss on her forehead.
She slightly nodded her head yes as she smiled at me her eyes slowly drooping as the medication kicked in.

Switching on my com I continued my conversation with Cas.
"I have a few friends of mine who I think would love to join us. I don't want men I have trained but men of certain expertise to deal with dear Marco."
"Right now I don't care if you contact even the devil himself. That fool Marco and his buddy Enrique are going to wish I had dealt with them a long time ago before they touched what is mine," I said dangerously in a soft tone.
"Very well. I will contact them, I must warn you though they are quiet a pair," he said with a chuckle.
"Thank you Cas," I sighed as I stood by the balcony.
"You are family Linc. Mel is my family too," he said.

"Come on guys lets go see what's for lunch," I said as the boys led the way running out of the room whilst Rose crawled  towards her mother kissing her on the check before getting off the bed reaching for my hand.
"Do you think mama will like the flowers I picked," she asked.
"She will love them. But we still need to finish arranging them. So first we eat then arrange the flowers," I smiled at her as her face beamed with a smile that spoke volumes.

Once done with lunch I went back up with the little ones trailing behind me as they looked tired. Rose had arranged her flowers in a vase that now set beside the bed. Taking some calls on the balcony I turned back to find my family resting. Ryan was beside his mother careful not to hurt her as Rose slept beside him followed by Zach. Sitting beside Zach I worked on my laptop clearing the important work for what I had planned ahead; I wanted no distractions.

What worried me was that Mel was not taking her medication or eating. She was neglecting herself, giving up when she needed to fight for herself, for us.

-----

Melinda's POV

Lying in the bed I couldn't stop the tears. How would I live knowing I could never walk again. Run with my babies. Looking at the green casts a small chuckle escaped from my lips and before I could stop myself I started to cry.
Not in pain, even though the pain was excruciating but in sadness, this was my life now.
Only the sound of my cries was audible in the room. I knew Lincoln was seeing to the children which he had been doing for the past two days. I couldn't blame him for my predicament, had I gone back inside it would be him in my position.

I still don't understand why he still looked at me the same. His smiled, the affection he showed, why would he want a cripple. That is what I had become. I was now a burden, why would he want a burden. I was useless as a mother, as a wife. Each time I needed to reach for something up high I now had to ask for help, I though to myself not noticing when Linc walked in.

"Sweetheart what's the matter," he asked rushing to my side.
I couldn't stand to face him especially right now so I simply shook my head turning away from him. I saw a glimpse of the pain I had just inflicted as he tried to coax a response out of me, but I willed myself to not face him. The pitter patter of feet caught my attention but I refused to budge as they called out to me. My babies needed me but how could I face them.
I felt their lips on my cheeks as more tears ran down Linc kept his distance looking down at me. I could feel his gaze on me. This is the time I hated our bond, I could literally feel his worry just from his silence as he slowly turned to leave the room.