Chapter 22

"Oh my gosh, how could I forget," Mel gasped turning to see Linc who also looked guilty.
"We figured you both forgot since none of you mentioned anything about it to either one of us," Rebecca said.
"With everything that's is going on, we thought hey, why not keep the normality in our lives instead of letting some douchebags ruin it," Ethan added.
"Besides I just wanted a good party," Cas said making them laugh just as the children ran in throwing their arms around their parents.

Enjoying the company of their family and close friends their happiness was short lived by the arrival of unwanted guests.
"Mr Rodriguez. What an unexpected surprise," Linc said with a smirked he looked at the trio standing at his door.
"Darling everyone is waiting for us to cut the cake!" Mel called out walking towards him. "Oh the Rodriguez clan is here?" Mel said as Linc turned towards her a smile on his face.
"Yes love, they just arrived," he said opening the door wider allowing them in as he snaked his other arm around Mel.

As soon as they entered the room all eyes were on the latest arrivals.
Leaving them to fend for themselves Linc and Mel moved into the room heading to the table that held their cake. The twins' little fingers could be seen as evidence that they had had a taste of the cream.
Making a small speech they cut into the cake as Linc fed Mel a piece.
"Oops," Mel said as cream covered his nose before she fed him running the cream covered hand down his cheek. Before she could move away he grabbed her transferring some of the cream on him onto her as she giggled in his arms.

"Okay okay children," Ethan said.
"We also want the cake," Cas said as he stood behind the children who all looked longingly at the cake.
Leaving Lia and Meg to take care of the cake cutting they headed into the kitchen to wipe off the cream.
"Best day ever," Linc murmured pulling her into his arms as he placed his lips over hers. "
"You can say that again. Well except for our gate crashers," she chuckled placing both hands on his chest as he slips his into her back pockets pulling her closer.
"I don't care about them. As long as everyone is happy and they aren't bothering us."
"How did I ever agree to marrying such a heartless ogre," Mel teased as Linc gave her a questioning look.
"Heartless ogre?" He said with a look full of so much promise that she would be taking back her words.

"I hear you went on a little escapade," Enrique said strolling into the kitchen as they slowly turned to look at him.
"Yes. It was quiet fun, having some alone time with my wife, away from work and all," Linc said.
"Well good to see you both back safe and sound. We wouldn't want anything to happened to either one of you," he said making Mel stiffen as Linc pulled her closer smiling down at her.
"Trust me Mr Rodriguez, nothing will ever happen to us. Right sweetheart?" He said never taking his eyes off her.
"Of course darling," she said wrapping her arms around his middle. "Nothing at all," she said feeling his lips on her forehead.
"Come on let's go back before they start looking for us," Linc murmured.
"I hope they saved some cake for us, for later," Mel said softly for his ears alone as he chuckled giving her a knowing look. They left Enrique in the kitchen clearly not pleased by their reaction.

"Where the hell are you coming from?" Linc growled as they spotted Rafael walking down the stairs.
"I got lost," he said in a flat tone, his eyes scanning for some form of exit.
Mel and Linc looked at each bursting into laughter. He had clearly been up there looking for the stone most likely and daddy dearest had been keeping an eye on them, which explained the awkward questions.
"Have I told you how much I love you," Mel chuckled as they left Rafael stunned.
"Nope," Linc said popping the p.

---

"Did you find it?"
"No. Why do we need this stone anyway?"
"We need it, thats all you need to know," he growled. "Where else could they be keeping it?" He mumbled thinking. "The boy is just like his father," he grumbled heading back to the party to get his wife. They were leaving.