Chapter 10

Linc's POV

"Excuse me. I hope I am not being too forward but will you do me the honor of accompanying me for dinner this evening," I said with a smile, looking into pale blue eyes.
Her hair was cascading down her shoulders like a waterfall, her tanned skin glowing as her lips transformed into a frown.
"Why would I do that?"
"Because I so kindly asked even though this is not an appropriate venue to do such in my opinion," I chuckled glad she could hear me over the loud pounding of music.
"Well since you asked nicely I might consider your offer," she said. "My name is Raquel," she said holding out her hand.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Raquel. My name is Lincoln," I said watching her I held her hand in mine.

-------

Two months later

"I have to go Raquel," I mumbled against her lips as we stood by the apartment door. A cozy two bedroom apartment that we lived in. "Besides don't you have classes to attend ," I said running my hands through her dark tresses.
"I can skip class and you can skip your meeting resulting in us doing more than just skipping things," she smiled wrapping her arms around my neck pulling me towards her lips.
"I have to go before people start looking for me," I said pulling back. "Besides I need you to rest for what I have planned for us," I said sending her wink knowing she would back off easily with just those simple words.
"Fine. See you later then," she huffed but wearing a devious smile...

-----

One month later

"Listen I can't come by I have an urgent meeting that might just take my company to the next level," Linc said into the phone.
"Well fine. Now I know we're exactly I stand as compared to your stupid company. Work, work is all you ever think about never me," she yelled.
"Raquel please don't do this now," he mumbled as he saw the board members heading towards the meeting room.
"Sir, the meeting," Ken said in a low tone.
He nodded his head in acknowledgement.
Just last week he had taken some days off to spend with her during her study break, helping her out.
"I will make it up to you. Don't forget to send your graduation day details, I want to clear up my...," he said before hearing the call ended tone.

Cursing under his breath he stood up heading to the meeting room. Everything was going according to plan, soon he would be an untouchable, unbeatable respected man in the business world.
"Walter get me a dozen roses and send them to Raquel with this card," he said scribbling something on a card.
"Very well sire," Walter said.

Finishing the meeting on time nothing could wash off the smile he wore on my face as he arrived at the apartment. Mrs Martins the landlady stood by the entrance wearing a frown that spoke volumes. Loud music could be heard from upstairs.
"Good evening Mrs Martins," he greeted her.
"Well it's not a good evening at all Lincoln. You know my rules, no parties in this building, whatsoever but your lady friend has violated that agreement," she said. "24 hours for you to pack up and leave," she said turning to walk away from him.
"Mrs Martins, it doesn't have to come to that, I will sort out this little problem and apologize to everyone," he said.
"Because you are a good tenant I will forgive you but sort out this crap fast boy," she said wagging her finger.

Taking the stairs two at a time he slammed the door open as he stepped back seeing young adults drunk and smoking in the living room. Scanning the room he searched for Raquel but couldn't find her. He walked in and locked the door, no one was leaving this place so soon as they continued to dance lost in the music. Walking over to the stereo he switched it off as everyone turned to look at him either looking angry or wearing a frown which clearly read, 'what the hell man'.
Shrugging off his jacket and placing it on the kitchen stool he took out a set of his favorite steak knives out of the cabinet dragging another stool to the door blocking the only exit.