Chapter 19

"I don't think she will be getting out any time soon, if ever," Caspian said hanging up after speaking to one of his contacts who would make sure she stayed locked up in solitary. "Now can someone explain to me how you slipped a full bottle of antipsychotics into her bag."
"Well Magda taught me a trick or two about being light with my fingers," Mel said waving Caspian's watch in his face.
"She is a quick study. Plus I must say I had a lot of fun," Magda said as she removed her wig. "Changing into several dresses I felt like a runway model," she said making everyone laugh.
"As long as no one got hurt I am content," Linc murmured kissing Mel's head as she leaned into him.

Dropping off Cas and Magda by his apartment they headed back home.
"I am so tired. Please don't tell me we have a meeting tomorrow morning," Mel whined.
"Already canceled," Linc said. But we have to work diligently in order to make it for Zach's basketball match.
"The twins have to get their play costumes adjusted," Mel groaned as Linc chuckled.
"The joys of parenthood."
"And I love every minute of it. So what would you say if we added another member to the set we already have."
"My very own basket ball team. Now I would love that."
"Oh please no twins," she cried.
"Who said anything about more twins. My team comprises of you, the twins, Zach and the latest addition, making that five," he said making her chuckle. "Come to think of it, we will need a substitute in case you get tired of course since you are getting slow."
"Lets see were that smart mouth will get you," she said playfully punching him.
"Just a few minutes ago you were complaining about meetings, what more of sporting activities," he smirked.
"If I am getting old what does that make you," she laughed as he gave her a 'you are so gonna pay for that' kinda look.

-----

"Whats up for grabs this week gentleman?"
"Well sir, word on the street is that Mr Rodriguez might be seeking a new partner to keep their business afloat."
"Good news indeed," Linc said with a serious expression.
"Excellent indeed," she said with a killer smile.

------------

"What's wrong Linc," Mel said as she slowly ran her hands through his hair leaning closer to him once the meeting ended.
"Nothing sweetheart," he said turning away from her.
"Lincoln," she growled as a smirk formed on his face.

He left her heading for their office hands shoved in his pockets as she followed him wanting to get to the bottom of this.
"Linc what is really bothering you? Please talk to me," she said seeing his serious expression.
"Nothing is wrong babe," he said running a hand through his hair as he locked their office door.
"Lincoln?" She questioned with a raised brow as he let out a sigh.

"Okay here is the thing. How will I prove that my parents were murdered?" He said with a troubled look.
"That's a hurdle we will cross when the time comes babe," she said seeing his lips twitch into a smile.
Letting out a small laugh he pulled her in it his arms.
"Babe? You really know how to push my buttons don't you?" She said looking straight into his orbs.
"Well I do try," he whispered pulling her close.
"Just be careful. Next time it might cost you," she said patting his chest as she stepped away from him. He knew she hated being called babe.

-----

"Fantastic game son!" Linc said giving Zach a high five as he beamed up at both his parents.
"See I told you, you are the best player," Mel said with a wide smile as he chuckled.
"Thank you mama," he said with a wide grin.
"Come on let's go get the twins'. It's a good thing you had an early match or else your mother would have been yapping in my ear," Linc semi whispered to Zach earning a glare from Mel.
"Reaching the kindergarten Mel went to fetch them returning with two paint covered toddlers as they kept turning to wave bye to their classmates who were yet to be picked up also covered in paint.