Chapter 6

"Linc you missed my turn," Mel said in confusion as he continued to drive them to work.
"I know love," he said taking her hand.
"Well we need to go back, I have a company to run," she huffed.
"You can do that at your usual office," he said with a smile as she realised what he meant.
"We aren't married remember? She said as he parked the car in the underground parking lot.

Getting out of the car he walked around to help her out.
"Well technically we are still married, you signed fake papers," he murmured into her ear with a smirk.
"What?" She asked surprised. "You mean to tell me you hurt me with fake papers saying those mean things," she cried slapping his chest as he pulled her into his arms.
"I'm sorry love, but I had to make it believable," he said softly.
"Well don't do that again," she said with a pout as he kissed her. "Linc did you really mean those words?"
"No love, it killed me to speak those words. I have been beating myself for even uttering those words to you, I am sorry Mel."
Placing her arms around his neck she looked at him with a sly smile. "I forgive you Linc."
"Why don't I believe you?" He said with an amused smile.
"Because you are going to have to work a little for my forgiveness," she said with a smile.
"Gladly," he said with a triumphant smile. "Let's go love," he said pulling her towards the elevators.

Stepping into the elevator he pulled her close to him as other employees looked at them in surprised. They never used this elevator preferring their private one, but today they were using the same elevator as them, which baffled them even more. All they knew is that since she had been away for the past month their boss was unapproachable.

"Good morning sir, ma'am," they greeted them as they entered the elevator.
"Good morning," Mel replied as Linc ignored them until she elbowed him in the gut coughing up a response from him as he kissed her neck.
A smile formed on the employees faces as they rejoiced Mel's return glad that work would be bearable now. Linc pulled her close caressing her stomach as Mel tried to move away from him as he nuzzled her neck before whispering, "You are going to regret us using this elevator," as he licked her earlobe making her gasp as employees looked at her in question.
"I'll pin you up against the wall and guess what I will do from then," he whispered into her ear as her skin flushed as his hand went down dangerously low. She smirked feeling him harden as she let her body brush against him. "I could start of with my tongue, if you beg me well enough," he murmured as her heart rate skyrocketed. She could clearly picture the scene in her mind as she tried to control her breathing
Grabbing his hand that was being mischievous she felt his lips turn up into a smile as he entwined that same hand with his bringing it to his lips.

Quickly stepping out of the elevator all the employees got off on the first floor stopping others from entering.

"Alone at last," Linc mumbled as he found her weak spot.
"Linc, there are cameras," Mel gasped as the doors opened on the second floor.
The group in front of them came to a halt as the young lady in front smiled shyly not entering the elevator.

-------

The elevator made no further stops most likely news had gone around that they were using the public elevator. Maintaining some distance she stepped out of the elevator as he slowly followed her.
"Eyes up Linc," she said as he smiled sheepishly.
"No interruptions," he told Ken as he took the files from him.
Mel was already sitting in front of his laptop typing away furiously.

"Already working I see," he said placing the files on the table settling onto the sofa.
"Not really. Just accessing my computer from yours. I forgot mine," she smiled.
"Okay. Just tell me if you need anything," he said.
She just nodded her head frowning at the screen.

----

With Linc working late, Mel refused to go home without him preferring to stay behind with him. She stepped out of the office to stretch out her legs checking if anyone was still at work and also to go look for some caramel ice-cream from the floor below them. She pressed the elevator buttons but funny enough they were not working.