Chapter 27

So here is another chapter for you lovely people.

By the way anyone who has a cover idea feel free to inbox me on my wattpad account would love to see your ideas.
PS: would really love to use a cover from one of my readers ☺️

Drumroll please!!!!

Without further ado here is Chapter 27
Dedicated to whoever sends me a cover 😉

Lincoln's POV

I watched them lower the empty coffin into the ground feeling empty and lost. We had searched the dark waters over the past week and still no body had been found. This couldn't have been the hand of the Rodriguez family. They wouldn't have done something this stupid. The mother of my children was gone and I had not been able to protect her as I had promised. How would I answer the children's questions when they asked for her. I was not yet ready to be a single parent, but I had to stay strong.

Dark clouds rumbled giving us notice that they would soon birth the water the were pregnant with. That would be a blessing indeed to cover my own shameful tears. I had failed my love and it hurt me so deeply.
"Lincoln," I heard Meg mumble as I looked away from the coffin.
"We have to go son," Charles said in a gruff voice.

Looking into their eyes I saw a reflection of my pain. Stained with tears over the loss of their daughter, sister, friend. My love, wife, friend, mother of my children, bringer of all my joy, my center, my peace, my heart.
"Not yet. You go," I whispered just as the first rain drop came into contact with my skin.
After throwing dirt above her coffin I watched as they started to bury her without a care of who is was they were putting away.

-------

A few days ago

"Who is this Marco individual?" Mel asked.
"Marco is a problem I should have dealt with several years ago before he rose to power. He is a rat who thinks he is just like me," Cas said angrily. "The boy owns several clubs that frequent affluent individuals for its unique services, these being, a good fix and a good woman all rolled into one. A few government officials have begged me to take him out, but with him I wanted to do it differently. Catch him red handed as he slips and exposes himself. For the sake of some of his clients who I know very well," he said leaning back in his chair.

"So how do you want to take him out?" Linc asked.
"Well since he crossed the line and is helping Enrique I no longer have plans of seeing him rot in prison. Death will be the best solution. I will first send him a gift, which is Victor in a body bag of course," Cas smiled.
"If that will get his attention then so be it," Linc said.
"What about our mole?" Mel asked.
"We will discuss that later. Let's deal with the bigger problem first because with this Marco individual on Enrique's side we won't go anywhere," Linc said.
"Okay. Very well," Mel said as Cas stood up to leave. "Stay safe Cas."
"Always," he chuckled. "And don't you two do anything I wouldn't do," he said sending her a wink as Mel laughed her cheeks darkening.

---

"Wait aren't we going home?"
"How many nights have we stayed in that house?"
"Stop answering my question with a question Linc. One night" she said answering his question.
"And in that one night did you think you could fool me into thinking you slept peacefully even when I held you close," he said as they pulled into the marina.
"I...I..." She stuttered.
"Yes love?" He asked helping her out of the car taking her hand.
"What are we doing here?" She asked making him laugh.

"Stop answering my question with a question," he said softly making her roll her eyes.
She huffed knowing it would be pointless to continue probing as they arrived at the yacht.
"She is ready for cast off sir," an attendant said.
"Thank you," Linc murmured. "Wait were if Chester?"
"Chester is not feeling well, I was filling in for him today?"
"Okay."