Chapter 5

Lana grabs Fred's arm and pulls him to another room. I feel myself starting to panic, so without thinking or saying another word I run to Lana's room, grab my stuff and leave. I just run as if my life depends on it. When I get home, I don't even say hi to my family. I just run to my room and start to cry. A while later, I walk onto my balcony and see Fred just staring into the distance. Suddenly he turns to look at me and I can see that he cried.. And that he's about to cry again. Why would he cry? I think to myself. "What's wrong?" I suddenly ask. Shit. That's none of my bussiness. But Fred takes a deao breath, preparing himself to tell me. "Look, I know we barely know each other but Lana trusts you, so I guess I can trust you as well. But you can't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you" he says and I just nod. "About 15 years ago, Lana and I had a daughter together. We lost her. Lana gave birth in the hospital, but another couple was there too. They lost their child, it died apperently. But they still wanted a child.. So they stole ours" he says and his voice cracks. "We still don't know where she is" he says while whiping his tears. I can't help but feel bad for him and Lana. That's really terrible.. "Maybe one day you'll find her" I say and he shrugs. "I don't know.." He whispers. I can see how much it still hurts them. Suddenly I get a weird thought. "I need to go.. Just don't lose hope. I'm sure you'll find her" I say as I get back inside.
A few minutes later I sneak into my dad's home office. I know he keeps everyone's medical files here. Besides him and my mom no one seems to be allowed to see them. I quickly take the files and run out again, back to my room. I don't mean to sound rude, but, I guess most people would concider me smart.
I take a look at my parents' blood types
Mom: A positive
Dad: AB
Then I look at mine.. O.
Our bloodtypes don't match. My parents aren't my biological parents. I tear up. How's this possible? I don't understand..

Does this mean that maybe, Lana is not just a friend, but also my mom..?