Dinner

I swiftly follow behind Daemon as he leads me down countless halls, corridors and staircases around the mansion. The tour he'd offer to give me was simply too amazing to pass up. There were so many rooms I'd never gotten to see, and I've been here for over three years.

"That's the kitchen, were the food is prepared."

"By mortals?"

"No, my mother doesn't trust mortals with handling food." A couple of times on our walk I thought I saw Seth, but when I blinked, he was gone.

"That's the dinning room, where we eat, and over there is the blood stocked room."

"What's that room for?"

"It's were the blood slaves give blood for our food."

He said it so shamelessly, like it was absolutely nothing.

"It's not as bad as it sounds. The mortals in there are treated like Royals," he explains reading my expression.

"Why?"

"Because they have to be healthy for their blood to be good. Plus they have to spend their whole lives locked up in one big room."

"That's so sad."

"Better than having to wake up to labor everyday."

"I suppose," not wanting to discuss it anymore. "So where to now?"

"Actually it's time to go to dinner. How about you join me?"

"Is that okay? Will the other Royals mind?"

"So what if they do?"

I beam a smile at his rebellion and he grins in return.

***

The silence of the room shouted at me as we walked in. The table sat at least twelve people and each chair was spaced out. It was the very first time I had seen this many Victorian family members all together.

There was male Royal and a female Royal sitting close together, their gaze hurling daggers at me. The male had dark hair and dark eyes as expected, but the woman had an ethereal blonde color stained in her hair, her eyes a bold blue. She wasn't the only one to stick out however.

A Royal female was seated on the left side of the table with flowing bloody curls. She clutched a resting child to her chest, her eyes cutting into me with a steel silver color. She wore like a lot of the Royal woman in the room a dark corset that clung to her body and showed off her cleavage and tight dark jeans. A Royal man stood behind her with hair drained of all color and eyes like two bright rubies. Then there were two Royal woman who looked exactly the same, the only difference was one had a vibrant bronze color in her hair and the other was a platinum blonde, both of them sported their natural eye color. Next to them where three Royal males with mischievous gleams in their gold irises. Blacker than night hair framed their too beautiful for words faces.

And last but not least there was a little girl, sitting on the lap of one of the twin Royal woman. Her tan pigment in her skin stuck out from the other Royal's pale complexion and her big hazel eyes hovered above her cheeks covered with freckles. I could see the slightest blush in her cheeks, which was the first I'd ever seen in a Royal. She was flawed, and an imperfection in a crowd of perfection, and she had a look to her that yelled mortal.

I couldn't help but gaze at them in awe. I stuck out even more than the little girl did. What was I thinking, excepting Daemons offer to come? "Daemon, would you like to introduce your little friend there," the platinum blonde twin purred. He nodded and turned to me beckoning me forward. I stood in front of him, trying my best not to show how nervous I was.