The Note

"Please at least speak to me!" Daemon begged.

A day ago he made me eat another person, since then my voice has remained muted and my eyes have been everywhere but on him. I've been on automatic for much too long, stuck in the same room doing idle chores. I haven't left Daemon's room for over 24 hours, afraid I'd run into Erica, or Mrs.Victorian. I had gotten away with spilling wine all over her but who knows how many more slip ups I had until they chopped me up into tiny little pieces and served me for dinner.

"So you can talk to your imaginary friend Seth, but you can't talk to me?"

I freeze and glare at him. I hated the thought of him saying Seth's name, and now he was trying to call him imaginary?

A knock at the door stops me from breaking my vow of silence and cursing him out. The knock comes again and neither of us move.

"It's your job to get the door. Don't you know that?"

"Too bad Veronica isn't here to tutor me," I murmur heading towards the door. A open the door, and see no one, so I quickly shut it with frustration. Then I hear another knock.

I open the door for a second time and gaze around only to see no one again. Then I heard someone clear their throat and I look down to see little Mara, and her big hazel eyes gazing up at me. She hands me a note and then she walks away.

"Who was it?" Daemon barked at me.

"No one."

***

~Meet me at the front doors at midnight~

-A

I'm rereading the note over and over as I lounged around not having anything to do. Daemon had left and simply stopped bothering me. It was still technically mourning, despite the lack of sunlight, so I had to wait to reply to the note.

"Angel?" Are you talking to me yet?" Daemon calls from where I laid on his window pane. I ignored him completely and stuffed the note in my bra. "Um...I made you an appointment with the family doctor...now."

"What!" I exclaim. "Why, because I talk to myself?"

"Well yeah but it's mostly because I don't know if cannibalism is very healthy for you," he explained. I noticed the light in his eyes he got when I spoke to him.

"Please don't use that word in terms of reference with me, ever."

He nodded slightly and beckoned me to follow him.

"If it makes you feel better I'll be with you the whole time," he said as we walked.

"No, I'd really rather do it alone."

"Okay," he sighed, the hurt clear in his voice. It was nothing against him, honestly, other than the fact that I hated him. I just had a few questions for the "good doctor."

***

"Go pee in this cup."

"What?"

"Pee in this cup."

I stare at Roman uncomprehending what he was saying.

"Why?"

"It's to check your urine and make sure your healthy." I shake my head again not complying. "Would you like me to help you," he says arching his brow.

"Look I don't need a check up."

"Oh. Then why the hell are you here?"

"Well I don't need a physical checkup anyway, I think I need a mental one."