Kaden.

~Mara~

•••

"Are you sure it's him we need?" Seth asked hesitant. I groan exasperated. As if I couldn't guess why he was so apprehensive about the new recruitment. He was jealous, a blinding emotion. Jealous of someone being close to Angel coming to our side.

"He's the one Kaden sent us after so he's the one we need," I snap. "Angel doesn't have any real feelings for him. Stop your worrying," I added.

I held baby Lillian in my hands, shushing her as she began to stir. Adelle laid sound asleep as we crept through their room. I had noticed her and her husband had been a part very often lately, which was no problem for me. If anything it worked to our advantage at the moment

"Are you sure it's okay to take her? With Erica already gone..."

"At this point we really don't have much to fear. Everything is going fine, and all we need now is an opportunity." I say walking out the room with Seth tailing behind me.

"Let's go check on Angel," he begs. I roll my eyes but follow him as we walk to her room.

"You care far to much about her Seth. It's just a job. You've grown too attached." It was true, he's gone far beyond the call of duty with her. I'll never understand the way that Seth tends to think, but even I know not to chase after someone you literally can't have. "When we're done, then you can see her," I order. He groans with irritation but none the less he obeys, basically having no other choice.

***

I eye Moreau, reading a book in the late night, alone. It seemed too easy, but knowing Seth he'll probably screw this up. I held Lillian in my arms tightly, her small eyes covered by her sleeping eyelids. If it wasn't for my need to guard her it be me carrying this delicate deed out.

He walks casually up behind him, not making the slightest noise or sound as to not to disturb him. I saw him clutching the syringe tight in hand, his knuckles turning white. Suddenly Seth tackled Moreau, allowing himself to be seen by immortal eyes. Before Moreau could make a sound, Seth injected the serum into him pushing him briskly to unconsciousness.

I smile eternally as I watch another selfish Royal be purified.

Kaden will definitely be pleased.

•••

***

I shift, feeling the soft linen of my sheets beneath s me. My eyes creak open and a yawn escapes from my mouth.

I'm in my room?

I look around to be sure my eyes aren't playing tricks on me and the dim lighting of the room puts blots in my vision. It was just a dream?

It had to be. I didn't remember coming back here, in fact I vaguely remembered anything. The events where blurry, like a an unfocused picture. Every time I tried to remember a sharp pain gnawed at the back of my head. It had to be a dream.

I was relieved that I actually got some sleep last night. With everything clouding my mind I thought I'd never get a moments rest.

I sit up feeling soar everywhere, and try to stretch out my aching limbs. As I move my arms out I jump startled as my hands come in contact with skin...and it wasn't mine. I squeal in alarm and scoot away only to bump into another warm breathing piece of flesh.

"What's wrong?!" Alex wakes from his sleep alert.

"What are you doing in my bed?!" I scream.

"Will you shut her up!" I hear someone snap as the covers are shifted by someone's movement. The eastern Royal laid annoyed next to me his eyes scrounged shut irritated at my sudden outburst.