Follow the Clichè Moonlight

"Omigods she came!!!" Dimitri shrieked as he strutted towards me. He embraces me with a chest to chest full on hug, his Royal strength caging me in. Thank gods, no warmth! Just cold immortal skin.

"So Mara delivered?" Audrey beamed. So that's what the A on the note stood for.

"Why did you two ask me to meet you?" Mara stood hiding behind Audrey, her shy eyes glueing to mine.

"First things first! I can't believe you did that at dinner! You little rascal! The whole mansion is buzzing like bees and all the gossip has your name in it!"

"Okay Dimitri! Calm down. Sorry about him. I just really thought I'd like to get to know you, and I didn't want Erica bothering us. So I thought we'd take a walk out in the gardens!" Her voice went high pitched when she finished her sentence

"Wait, outside?" I gasp. The only time I've ever went outside, was when I was being brought here. Since then the closest thing I have to the outdoor world was the balconies.

"Yeah, that's why we wanted to wait until night. I guess you've never seen the garden right?"

"Not up close," I admit. They both grin, pulling me and Mara along with them and out the front door.

***

The flowers are glowing in the freaking dark. I try to admire the rainbow and hues that surrounded me but I was to busy worrying about keeping my balance. My feet tripped over just about every rock on the path, and my toes were pretty much sliced by thorns and sticks since I was barefoot. Mara was on her mother's back, holding on for dear life. The image reminding me that she was still mortal. I on the other hand tried my best to bare the pain.

"Okay that's it, we can't have you ruining those perfect feet darling," Dimitri proclaimed.

"No! I'm fine, really," I lie, not wanting to go back.

"You're a terrible liar darling." he sighs, "Here hop on my back." I hesitate a bit, but I obey and climb on Dimitri's back. He grips my bare thighs and gets a good hold of me, then he continued trudging along as if I weighed less than paper.

Wow, the world is so much more beautiful up here. Dimitri had to be at least 6'5 if not more. Which was even taller compared to my 5'7 midget height. I saw above the hedges of roses, plucking one as we walked along and pulling the thrones off. The flower still shined bright like a diamond even away from its roots.

"How do they get the flowers to glow in the dark?"

"Neon. They infuse each individual plant with neon so that they glow in the dark."

"Cool."

"Hey, I got an idea. Lets play a game." Dimitri suggested. I pulled all the thrones away from the flower and tuck it in my head. The bright red stood out on the black satin night gown that clung to my petite frame. "Like a question and answer game, simple."

"Okay," I agree, "you first."

"Okay, Angel...where did you use to work before us?"

"I use to work in the fields picking the lunar vegetation that would grow for nine hours straight. This place may be hell but being sold here was a blessing."

"Wow." They both stated simultaneously.

"So I've got a question for both of you. Do you remember your birth parents?"

"Nope," Dimitri says.

"Yes, I use to be a sowing slave before I was a Royal, then I was sold to this family with my twin sister. Me as a soon to be wife of Daemon's brother and her as servant. We were taken from them,"Aubrey explained.