The Revelation

"I left for her."

"I heard that. Now tell me clearly what you are talking about?"

"You  said earlier that I left for someone."

"Oh! Who are you talking about?"

"My friend"

"Is that friend's name Veronica by any chance?"

Angel was surprised.

"How did you...................?"

"Ah, I was correct."

It was her turn to be confused.

"During the investigation, I was actually talking to her college friends at Heather. They said that Veronica once mentioned about an 'Angy' who called her 'Verni'. They also mentioned that they seldom called each other. And from her ID's, I came to know she was christened at the church. Veronica Stone. 

When Chief mentioned your name, I had to mull for some time to understand what was off about the whole ordeal. In the morning, when I made this connection,I was not certain if you are anywhere related to her. But let me make this clear, even though this case requires an added resource and the best at that, it can't be a coincidence.

 I just had this feeling that Officer Stone should have a relation with her that is not biological as Veronica is an orphan. But I didn't know that Officer Stone would be someone I knew."

She was staring straight ahead.

"We were more than sisters. We swore to each other to take care of the other person in need."

"You didn't tell me how Veronica is the reason you left Milton."

"Verni met with an accident. I had to go to her. I left a note to you."

"Yeah I remember it. You mentioned something about forgetting a promise. You said they need you and left before telling that to me yourself."

"I never knew you would understand that in a whole new level. Who said something about leaving you?"

I was taken aback. When she asked me to understand the situation, I was the one who developed my own story based on my thoughts at that time. She never mentioned about leaving me or that the person who needs her is a 'him'!! Nor she mentioned that it was a 'her'!" I suppressed a groan.

But nevertheless it came out.

She looked at me.

"Why didn't you come back?"

"You do remember that I visited Milton for a holiday of seven days, so do you. Right?"

"I waited for two whole days for you to return. I wished. I thought there is a small chance that you would come back."

"I never knew that I would end up loving a stranger. I waited for your call."

I was taken aback. Apparently we tailed each other all the time at Milton that we didn't consider taking the contact details. But when did she give me

"When did you give me?"

"Don't tell me you didn't look at the pocket diary I gave you."

"Well, No."

Great! All this time, I treated that as a souvenir and dint bother to open it. She had her contact details scribbled in it. I must be really stupid.

"It's okay."

"Yeah, let us leave it at that."

"Yeah, I have moved on"

"Even I did."