The Paper...holds a clue

I got up early and reached office. Maria was standing at the front table. She saw me coming and wished me.

  "Hey Daniel"

I wished her back. 

I walked into my cabin.

Ron and Vicky were also there. Ron was looking at Vicky and trying to muffle the laughter that was threatening to come out at any time. She was busy glaring at him and did not notice me until I stood in front of the duo. 

Maria followed slowly with some documents.

Yesterday, when he was out with Angel getting her acquainted with the case, Ron, Vicky and Maria were out for catching some thugs who were stealing steel pipes from the store downtown and selling it somewhere out of town. Neigel, who saw his neighbor leave house at midnight,followed him till the store. When he spotted the group with the tools and realized that they were going to steal, he immediately called Maria and informed her.

"Good Morning everyone. How did it go yesterday? Did you catch those thugs?"

"Don't ask about it!" Vicky had a disgusted look on her face.

Ron and Maria started laughing. This was not unusual. Daniel's team was filled of people he knew throughout his life. They lived in this small town and were friends with all their families. So, silly jokes are very common. Definitely Daniel was missing some fun they had. He was curious now.

"What happened?"

"One of the thugs proposed to her." Ron was snickering while saying that.

Vicky slapped him playfully and glared at me.

"Don't you dare say something stupid?"

I held my hands in mock surrender.

"I was not even there. Why don't you guys tell me what happened there?"

Maria started laughing

"We just barged in and got hold of these guys after a little shooting. And there was this guy who was all built up and looked scruff. He proposed in a loud and clear voice to Vicky."

"And" I pressed on

"What is it that you want to know exactly? If I accepted his proposal or hit him right at the spot?"

Maria was laughing uncontrollably. Even Ron was banging his hands on the table.

His laughter was muffled as Vicky was trying to strangle him.

At that time, there was a knock on the door and Angy was standing at the door.

All of them stopped laughing and got up to greet her. After finishing the initial round of introductions, there was an awkward silence for some unknown reason. Apparently we must have looked like a bunch of idiots to her.

"So, you guys were sharing some kind of joke before I came in. I could hear you guys laughing."

"That is something you" Ron did not get to finish his sentence as Vicky nudged him.

Maria stopped both of them with a glare and said it was just a prank on Vicky.

"Let's get down to work. Vicky, I heard that you are good at tracking people. Please find out whatever you can about Grisham.

Maria, please go through the forensics once again and get me the report with your understanding. And get me the call log of Sasha.

Ron, Please go and tail Sasha for one day."