Love

Shortly, Angel returned along with Maria and took their seats. Then Daniel came in. Generally, Angel would have taken a sneak peek at Daniel. But that is not the case now. Angel was staring at the other guy. He was handsome. Now, Angel had a doubt if Veronica was still on a mission after seeing this man! Not to mention being engaged.

Angel: Are you Vivian?

Vivian: Yeah.

Daniel: She is Officer Angel who is a part of the investigating team.

Vivian: hi

She has to concentrate on the task at hand.

Angel: hi. Let's get to the point. Please have a seat.

Vivian: sure.

Angel: Vivian, we have some developments in the case. But there are gaps. We want some information from you.

Vivian: Please go ahead.

Angel: When was the first time you met Veronica?

Vicky's phone beeps. Angel sent her a text. "Give me a thumbs down if his story does not match with Sasha's"

Vicky looks at Angel and nods.

Vivian (with a lost look): I don't mind retelling this again. It was around one and a half year ago. I was visiting Heather to meet the Dean of the college where Veronica was studying. I was an alumni and he wanted to talk to me. I was on my way and was about to take a turn when all of a sudden, a girl jumped in front of my jeep. I pushed my foot down on the brakes hard and swerved. I swore and got down praying that nothing should have happened. This girl got up, smiled at me and dusted herself. She collected her books and went away.

Angel was listening to Vivian's account while Daniel found himself staring at her. He was not sure if she knew how Vivian was lured.

Angel: That is all?

Vivian: After talking to Dean, on his advice, I went to the canteen. There I saw that a guy was talking to her. Shortly, he started abusing her. I went and took care of the situation. She thanked me and we went for a coffee. I liked her smile. I asked her out on a date. We liked each other and then we decided to marry.

Angel: Why so soon? 

Vivian: We informed my dad and he too took a liking to her. There was no one stopping us. We wanted to give it a try. I was sure things will work out well for us.

Angel: Why did she move to Laketown? Were you the reason? Did you ask her to do this?

Vivian: Yes, I was the reason. I am working here. We had a discussion and she agreed to move in with me. David wanted us to have a house of our own.

Angel: Then why was Veronica living alone?

Vivian: She said she wanted to stay alone till our marriage. She would come and visit us in the morning and leave for church in the beginning. Afterwards, With the help of Father Gabriel, she made contacts in the town. She got a job. She worked on her passion in the part time.

Angel: who got her that house?

Vivian: Willy was my Dad's friend. Willy's wife, Trista agreed to give that house to us.

Angel: Did you introduce Trista to Veronica personally?

Vivian: Yes, Veronica liked her very much. She used to visit her often.

Angel: did you visit her at Latte's often?

Vivian: In the beginning, yes. We gradually decreased going out too much.