Potential Suspect!

Daniel walked into her cabin along with her.

She set the piece of paper on the table.

"First and important question! Where did she get a paper and scribble this?"

Danny was about to pull out a chair and stopped short. He also thought about it, but because of the lack of evidence they had to make assumption and go with it.

"It must be from her home."

"Danny, you did not look into this. Did you?"

"We were so busy decoding that..........." He trailed off unsure of what to say.

"Danny, you do understand that we don't know where it all started. How are we supposed to solve the case?"

"It's not that the thought never occurred. But there wasn't enough evidence."

"So, back to my question. The last place she visited was Greens. Looking at the scribbling on this paper, the letters are not coherent. I am not sure if the words we made out of it are correct. She must have been in pain when she was writing this. So, she must not be in a condition to move her hand. Either she was bet or she was tied up."

"So, the place where her body was found?"

"No, that was a set up. You said that you found Vivian's ring there right?"

"Yes"

"Then that was a set up. Was there any trail of blood from the crime scene?"

"No"

"Then we are looking at a setup. They clean up very well."

"Then the code"

"Writing belongs to Verni. I can tell from the strokes."

"Oh!"

"Smart girl, she wrote this code at the original crime scene."

"How can we trace back?"

"The code will only make sense if we understand the situation. And let me take the piece of paper out."

She took it out and felt the piece of paper. "Just the normal stationary."

"Let us go to Rock. He is the one who owns the stationary here."

"Okay. Let him look at it and tell if he could make out anything useful."

I hope that this must be something worth looking for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rock looked at us like we had grown two heads. Daniel expected this kind of situation. It's kind of tricky for anyone.

"You are asking me if I can tell the book and the pen from this"

"Probably........Not exactly.........look Rock, we just want to know if it is distinct from others!"

"You are kidding me right. This is some kind of prank!"

"No"

Looking at our serious faces, he sighed.

He went back to the store and got seven books.

"These are the ruled notebooks and your paper texture fits with four of them. The whole town buys this kind of stuff. The pen is a ball pointed pen. It matches with several kinds though."

"So, no luck"

"None"

"Thanks, Rock!"

"No problem"