Investigation starts

After the coffee break, we made our way back to the office.

We were in my office with Angy looking into the case details.

"I suggest to start from the scratch. I don't want to miss any detail."

I don't know if it is because of her relation to Veronica or her solving skills but I had to agree with her. There are chances that I must have overlooked something.

So, I did the most obvious thing. Took the coat and prepared to go to where this all started.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the factory, the employees who were supposed to work in the coloring department have neither worked in the crime scene nor have they disturbed it. They were stealing glances now and then but have not bothered to come forth and inquire about the status. All the while Angy inspected the scene and the surroundings and thoroughly checked for any other bit that was left.

All of a sudden Angy crossed the gap between us, frustration evident in her eyes and asked me the question that had all of us going berserk from the moment our team started working on this case.

"Why this place?"

"Honestly, that is not yet clear."

"According to the report, she had many cuts and bruises and it states that she was hit by a wooden log on the head multiple times. There was a huge blow to the stomach area and a gash on the thigh probably from a fall. Her state of organs indicate that she has been running before her death."

"Yes"

"Then let's just have my theory from a layman's note. She was running from something. She ended up at a place where she was not supposed to have access to enter. She left a note with strange contents that our team has not yet comprehended properly."

"Yes"

"According to her condition before death, if she was hit by a wooden log or hit in the stomach or she was hurt in the leg, she would not have made this far from the factory's gate till this pipe."

To this, I told her what we have concluded from the look of the events on that day.

"Assuming that, she ran from something or someone and had to enter the factory to protect herself."

"What was the time of her death?"

"Around 11 pm."

"Okay, where did she start running? Any theories on that?"

"Actually according to Sasha, her coworker at Greens, she was the last person who met Veronica before death. Veronica as usual was volunteering and they had small talk. Nobody has seen her from there."

"Did you ask everyone? Are you sure she was the last one?"

"Yes"

"Greens as in the greenhouse where she worked part time?"

"Yes"

"Then let's meet Sasha."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a short ride, we arrived at Greens.

Angel was thinking about something. There was a lost look on her face.

Sasha was standing there smiling at me as I approached her.

Sasha: Hi Daniel

Daniel: Hi Sasha