A ray of hope to find the truth!

Maria was already waiting at the desk. She checked all the equipment in the meeting room and called AJ. He came a while back and is waiting in his office. Ron and Vicky reached at the same time that Daniel and Angel came. They all met Maria at her desk and went into the meeting room.

Angel: Guys, I will initiate the meeting if you don't have a problem.

AJ: It would be better if you do. I have the second hand information.

Maria: I am going to dial-in. Please make yourselves comfortable.

Angel: Maria, Have you scanned and loaded all the documents in the system?

Maria: Yes, I did and I shared all the videos with Chief to the email Id which you provided.

Angel: Good job Maria.

Daniel: Dial in now.

Maria: Okay. AJ, give me the passcode for the meeting.

AJ: Here it is.

They all waited while the call was getting connected. He appeared on the screen. They all greeted him.

Chief: Hello guys, a very good morning to all of you.

AJ: Good Morning Chief.

Chief: Let's get on with the charade. I hope adding a new person to the team has been helpful.

AJ: Yes it is. Angel looked at things in a different perspective.

Daniel was wondering if Chief will ask every single thing even though he was behind all this.

Chief: Angel, tell me what you found out.

Angel: Yes sir. I started with a visit to the crime scene. But that was clean. Nothing found there. I tried to find out the origin of the evidence. No success there.

Chief: What evidence are we talking about?

Angel: Till now it is not clear where she was first attacked or who attacked her. We tried to find out where the piece of paper got into Veronica's hands. But we could not point to a person's office but there is a doubt that it was from the factory.

Chief: Okay. What else?

Angel: Maria found from Dr. Thomas that the forensic reports were compromised. An injury to her leg was not there in the report which we possessed.

Chief: Did it lead to any development?

Angel: We found out that glass pieces were stuck to her feet and the source was a broken window. We came to know from the local carpenter that David's window was replaced after the incident. So, we took him into custody and questioned. But it did not help.

Chief: Don't you have a suspect list that you maintain?

Angel: Sasha was there initially because she tipped off Loca about our arrival. But after talking to her, we found out that she was apprehensive after Veronica's death as they don't know the reason.

Chief: Who else?

Angel: We later came to know that because of Neil, there was a rift between Veronica and Vivian.

Chief: any murder motive there?

Angel: None. Veronica took care of it.

Daniel was anxious if Angel has to tell him how she took care of the situation.

Chief: I see.

Angel: I started off by visiting the crime scene and talking with all the people who knew about Veronica. She was here in Laketown to marry and settle with Vivian. She worked at the Latte's and was supposed to go to Greens in her spare time. But apparently she worked more at Greens. When we tried to check in Veronica's house for any possible murder motive, we came across some documents that was very shocking. To think that the residents are oblivious to the happenings around here is very disturbing.