Wooden Cupboard has a secret. Shhhhhh!!!!!!

Veronica's house was near the lake.

Angel liked the view.

She went inside the house. According to what Daniel has told her, the police had every corner checked.

Angel went in to the drawing room and looked around. She remembered that Daniel wanted to show something to her.

"What is it that you want to show me Danny?"

But Daniel was looking at her strangely.

"First, tell me why you entered this room, Angy?"

He did not show her the way. She did not go into the kitchen or looked around the hall.

"You are the one who told me that the team checked every corner of this house. But you did not find anything. Either she did not keep it here or she is good at hiding. I don't know much about her relations around here, but if she wants to hide something, she will do in a way that others won't dream of. She is a very smart girl."

"Then you must see this."

He went to the table and pulled out a drawer where a small wooden cube was kept.

He took it and went to the wooden shelf which was kept in the corner of the room. The wooden shelf which was half the height of Daniel had a vase on top of it. He removed a painting in the wall where this wooden shelf was kept. There was a small wooden cupboard.

There was a hole in the wall that had a peculiar pattern. A quadrant attached to a rectangular portion was there. The length of the rectangle seemed to be the radius of the quadrant.

Daniel looked at her. "I am not sure if this is part of the fitting but I couldn't find anything else apart from this."

Angel thought for a while "What is the mechanism?"

Daniel removed the cube and turned around and gave the cube to her. On closer inspection, she found the cuts on one side of the face of a cube.

Daniel pulled her near to the wooden surface. "If you look clearly, this part of the quadrant has jagged edges. I have taken the dimensions and clearly length of the rectangle is the radius of the quadrant. The cuts that are there on this part of the quadrant. The cuts on the face of the cube fits the cuts in the middle of the pattern. The missing area accounts to a rectangular cover. I presume, as these cuts are in the shape of a rectangular surface, this whole set up looks like a key of some sort. The part where the cuts are not there, the surface looks as if something has been dragged here. And apparently the hole is not regular."

Angel nodded "Yes, and the holes point out the fact that the part where the cuts are there, a rectangular pattern which embeds this cube is to be overlapped and then they drag the surface in a circular manner to the rectangular portion."

Daniel "The irregularity is bugging me though."

Angel looked at it. "This pattern must be completed and placed in the missing puzzle. Then may be we will get a clarity."

It was already late.

They walked out of the house.

Angel bid goodbye to Danny and started walking. Daniel offered to driver her to home.

She asked Danny for some time to clear her head.

She made her way to her destination. She has to clear some doubts.

Daniel thought better of it and let her be. He too needed some time to think clearly. If she intended to tell him something, she would have told him by now. He started the engine, took one last look at her retreating back and started driving to home.