Armin Arlet

Disclaimer: All information from shinge kinok yojin wiki

Armin is rather short for his age with a small build. Armin has a round face, framed by his blond hair, with large, expressive blue-eyes and a pudgy nose.

In his childhood, Armin wore a long-sleeved single-buttoned jacket with a collared shirt, long dress-pants and dress shoes.As a member of the , Armin wore the standard 104th Trainees Squad uniform. After graduation into the, he wore the standard Survey Corps uniform. Underneath his short brown jacket, he wears a white and collared button up shirt, similar to the one he worn as an adolescent. Like his fellow comrades, Armin accompanies his attire with a large green cape when participating in the 57th Expedition outside the.

Growing up, the naturally curious Armin had a deep fascination with the world beyond the , and even enthused his best friend,, into sharing this passion. Much of his free time was spent reading any book about the outside world he could find, but he would be branded a heretic for his unusual interest, and was frequently picked on. Too timid to defend himself, Armin would often need to rely on his friends to protect him from local bullies. This, coupled with his frail physique, was a source of much shame for Armin, leading him to have poor self-esteem and believe himself to be a burden upon others. Because of this, Armin was very eager to prove his worth, with his ambition being to one day stand on equal footing as his friends.

Armin is exceptionally loyal and selfless, constantly worrying for the safety of his friends, and ready to throw himself into dangerous situations for them; even offering to sacrifice himself for . When he, , and Reiner had to decide who would be left behind without a horse, Armin immediately offered himself without hesitation. And when Jean was injured in battle, Armin rushed to his aid, placing himself in danger as well. Armin is also very level-headed, keeping Eren and Mikasa under control when their emotions get the better of them. He has talked down a fight Eren started with a soldier, and restrained from acting rashly during Eren's military trial.

Although initially meek and a bit cowardly, Armin acknowledged these weaknesses, letting his potential shine brighter as he gradually gains more confidence in himself. Relieving himself of doubt, Armin has shown great investment in humanity's future, always striving for and thinking on how he can change things for the betterment of mankind.However, Armin's life has also left him considerably jaded, and he has come to believe pragmatic actions and great sacrifice are necessary for change. Armin admires strong leaders such as , , and for their ability to sacrifice themselves in order to put humanity further. Armin's most consistent traits remain his kind heart and keen intuition, making him often concerned with the group's morality.

Armin originally lived in the of with his parents and . Armin's parents (and in the manga his grandfathers book) instilled in him a passion to travel beyond the Walls and see the outside world. In the anime, several years before the fall of Wall Maria, Armin's parents are said to have escaped beyond the Walls. Armin was then solely raised by his grandfather until after the fall of Wall Maria. Alternatively, in the manga both of Armin's parents are never said to have gone beyond the walls and are also present until the fall of Wall Maria, along with his grandfather.