Chapter Sixteen- The Trail

When Eren woke up he saw Mikasa getting ready but he heard a knock on the door and when he opened it he saw Jean standing there "morning Eren the trail starts in a couple minutes and i heard Mikasa singing so i thought you were awake but i guess not" Jean said smiling "oh i guess i was loud" Mikasa said looking at Eren "no it was quiet in the hallways and your singing is soothing from hearing it" Jean said looking at Mikasa "i am ready" Mikasa said running her fingers over the picture "i guess i am too" Eren said walking over to Mikasa "is something wrong" Jean said looking at Mikasa (it has been a few months since Mikasa and Eren are back with the survey corps) Eren walked over to Jean "it is the day her parents got murdered so do not bring up anything about a family" Eren whispered to Jean and Jean nodded at him "we should get going" Mikasa said walking to Eren and grabbing his hand "ya we should" Eren said looking at Mikasa and tightening his hand around her's and she looked at him and let out a tear.When they got to the place Jean walked them over to where they would be sitting and the saw Levi holding Mikasa jacket and their horse gear " finally you show huh" Levi said looking at Mikasa "back off her, you're the one who caused this" Eren said making a fist "calm down Eren" Jean said sitting next Levi "we'll be fine" Mikasa whispered to Eren squeezing his hand and sitting, when the trail started Mikasa saw the bandits who smilied at her and she leaned on Eren's shoulder. After the trial was over Mikasa followed a cop and the questioned her about the attack "but how did they know that my parents are dead and it hurts" Mikasa said holding the end of her scarf "well they are the leaders of the bandits who killed your parents and they are trying to get back at you for what you did with your friend" the cop said looking at Mikasa "well we looked around and we found this" the cop said passing a two books to Mikasa "when we were looking through the bandits camp we found your parents wedding book and it said your baby book so we thought you would want it" the cop said looking at Mikasa "thank you" Mikasa said starting to cry "well we are going to keep looking because one of the people you work with his name was Jean and he told us that when you went back to your for a mission that everything was gone, is that correct" the cop said looking at Mikasa but Mikasa just broke down in more tears "do you want your boyfriend" the cop said looking at the door and Mikasa nodded and the cop stood up and walked to the door and opened it and Eren walked towards Mikasa and hugged her "well he has been standing there worrying about you so when we asked him why he was standing in front of the room and he told us you two were dating and we told him that he can stay there until you need him" the cop said smiling Eren nodded at the cop "it's going to be ok Mikasa" Eren said pulling Mikasa closer "so we are going to look for anything else in the bandits place and we wanted to know if you two would like to come with use your commander said it was ok" the cop said handing Mikasa a piece of paper "what do you think Mikasa" Eren said looking at Mikasa smiling "if they pictures of my past then yes" Mikasa said putting the paper down "ok we will come get you guys tomorrow" the cop said walking out the door "are really going" Eren said standing up looking at Mikasa "well if they had my parents stuff i want to at least have my parents pictures" Mikasa said holding the books and started to cry " i am sorry i am just worrying about your safety" Eren said looking at the ground Mikasa looked at Eren as he fell to the ground "I AM SORRY" Eren said running out the door Mikasa looked at the door holding her hand out "i am sorry to" Mikasa whispered to herself but she saw Jean standing in the doorway "are you ok i saw Eren run out the door" Jean said standing in front of Mikasa"can you get him and tell him i am going to wait for him in the courtyard and if he does not want to come tell him i understand" Mikasa said walking past Jean Jean nodded and ran past Mikasa and ran to Eren and Mikasa room, when Eren sat down he saw Mikasa outside and sitting by a tree and he heard a knock and when he opened the door he saw Jean "Mikasa wants to meet you in the courtyard" Jean said looking out the window "i should have not ran out on her like that" Eren said looking at Jean crying "hey cheer up she told me to tell you she loves you to and she is sorry" Jean said standing up but Eren stood up and walked out of the room. When Eren saw Mikasa walking towards the entrance he ran to her "I AM SORRY MIKASA I NEVER MEANT FOR THAT TO HAPPEN" Eren said falling to the ground crying Mikasa walked over to Eren and leaned towards him and kissed him "i am sorry too" Mikasa said grabbing Eren's hand but Eren pulled her towards him and put her on top of his lap "listen Mikasa when i ran out on you in the cop's room you held out your hand and i never saw you look so weak i wanted to turn back but i thought you were mad" Eren said looking at Mikasa smiling "why would i be mad" Mikasa said looking at the books but Eren picked Mikasa up and grabbed the books and put them on top of her and smiled and he walked towards to the entrance and he carried Mikasa towards their room but before they got back Mikasa fell asleep in Eren's arm Jean was walking down the hallway with Levi " hey Eren" Jean said waving but Eren just opened his and Mikasa room door and he shut it and locked it but when he put Mikasa down the door opened "what do you want Levi" Eren said looking at Mikasa and moving hair away from her face "we'll see you early in the morning" Levi said putting his hand to his heart "why are you saluting Mikasa" Eren said confused "because she is just what i call a strong person and she is dedicated her life and you said she is coming back after tomorrow" Levi said walking over to Eren and looking at Mikasa "well we will see you tomorrow commander" Eren said sitting at the end of the bed and looking at Levi "yes" Levi said walking by Jean.