Part 12

Harrison P.O.V:

Marron was standing outside the dark looking club and I smiled, as she got in.

She was wearing a short black dress with a floor length cardigan and tights; it was probably the most clothes I'd seen her in.

I quickly forgot about that. "You look um......really nice" I said hesitantly.

She smiled, the black lip stick she'd been wearing was gone and her lips were shiny and beautiful natural rosy colour. "Thanks" She said, looking me over. "You look good too"

Okay, it was getting a bit weird so I spun around quickly and concentrated on driving.

"So what did you tell your mum? Obviously it was a lie considering that she doesn’t even want to try and like the freak show" she said sourly.

"She thinks I'm studying at a friend’s" I smiled quickly at her, watching as she opened the window and her hair blew in the breeze, showing some more colour stripes in her hair that I hadn’t noticed before.

I resisted the urge to touch her hair and kept my hands tight on the steering wheel.

"Where do you want to go first?" I asked her as we drove down the dark streets.

"Food, I'm starving" She smiled.

"How do you not get fat, I mean, you eat quite a lot" I said, blushing because that had come out totally wrong.

She laughed, which did funny things to my body that I quickly ignored. "I'm not sure, I’ve never really put on weight from eating" She shrugged. "What about you Mr. muscles? How come your so buff?"

I blushed deeper and concentrated on the road as I spoke. "When you have a mama like mine you do anything to get out the house"

"Stop here and lets walk" She suggested, pointing to the main square with its huge fountain lit up brightly.

The fountain was the only thing the town was actually proud of, that, and that all the people in town all go to church still.

I pulled to the curb of the road and shut of the engine, getting out.

Because it was Tuesday and night there weren’t a lot of people out, but those who were stopped and stared at Marron.

"The pizza place is up here" I said as she walked to the fountain and climbed on the robe that kept people out of the fountain. "If you fall in I will laugh" I said, walking across the road to stand next to her. The robe was only three feet high but the concrete would hurt if she fell.

She stared walking, her arms out stretched.

I followed her about half way around when she started to wobble and, without thinking, I grabbed onto her waist to steady her.