Part 13

Marron P.O.V:

His big hands on my waist sent a jolt of pleasure down my spine.

I jumped down and Harrison quickly let go of my waist, looking away to the path.

"Come on" I smiled, starting to walk to where Harrison had said the restaurant was.

He court up with me as we walked into a pizza place full of people, some families and some people like us, on dates.

We found an empty booth at the back and a waiter came to give us menus.

"I'll be back to get your order in a minute" The snobby woman said, she looked like she smelt something bad, her face all wrinkly.

Harrison looked down at the menu and bit his lips, I wondered what he was thinking because it didn’t look like pizza was on his mind.

"What you getting?" He asked, looking nervous.

"Strawberry milkshake and the biggest peperoni pizza there is" I smiled up at him.

He nodded. "Probably have the same"

We put down the menus and looked at each other.

I put my elbows on the table, my hands folded under my chin.

"Do you mind me asking something?" He asked, crossing his arms on the table in front of him.

"Shoot" I smiled.

"You have like a scar or a mark on your hip, what is it?" He asked. "If its personal you don’t have to answer" He added quickly.

"Its cool" I smiled. "Its to show that I belong to the freak show, everyone has to have it"

"Does it hurt?" He asked, seeming to chill out a bit as we talked.

"I was born into the freak show and was branded the day I was born so I couldn’t tell you" I shrugged.

"Do you ever want to like, get away from it?" He asked as the ugly waitress came back, note pad and pen in hand.

"What will it be then?" She asked, sounding bored.

"First, we’ll have a waitress with manners" I smiled up at her.

I looked at her and willed her to smile and be polite. Its how mine and Hexas's wizard powers work. We will people to do thing, although I'm not very good.

Hexas is better at being a wizard and I'm better as a shape shifter.

She suddenly smiled. "Sorry, anyway, what can I get you?"

Harrison was too busy staring at the sudden change in our waitress to answer so I did. "Two strawberry milkshakes and two massive peperoni pizza's" I smiled at the woman.

"I will bring your drinks over in a second" She smiled and kind of skipped behind the bar area.

Maybe I'd willed her a bit too much.

I turned to Harrison and smiled at him.

"Okay, no I know there's something up with you" He said, his voice a bit quieter. "What did you do to her?"

I leaned forward on the table. He'd seen it first hand and I couldn’t exactly lie. "Okay, but you cant tell anyone"

He nodded and moved forward on the table. Our arms just touching.

"I'm half wizard" I said in a whisper, hoping that he heard.