Part 31

Harrison P.O.V:

I managed to climb into my room and quickly had a shower and got changed before going down stairs to wear mama was sitting with Avil and reading the bible to her.

"Morning" I smiled.

I looked at Avil and she rolled her eyes, I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing as I made myself some toast.

"Those devil people have killed Margret" Mama said, not looking up at me.

"Mama" I sighed. "She was eighty two, anything could have happened"

She looked up and I knew then that I was in trouble.

"That is a horrible thing to say Harrison, those devils killed her, they are ruining our little town" she shouted.

I snapped then, unable to stop the next words that came out my mouth.

"You wanna know something mama. I'm dating one of those devils, and there nicer then most humans, definitely nicer then you" I shouted at her.

There was total silence.

Mama and Avil were just staring at me, mama with wide eyes, holding the small cross that was round her neck like her life depended on it.

"No son of mine will date such an evil thing" She said, her voice quiet and filled with hatred and anger.

"Well I am" I shrugged, picking up Avil, going into the lounge to put her shoes on.

"You are not to, it is unholy and wrong" Mama said, coming into the room with us, holding out a cross. "You will put this on and prey that god forgives you"

I took it out of her hand, looked at it for a second then broke it, letting all the beads fall to the floor, looking at her shocked face.

"Your father would be turning in his grave if he saw what you just did there, get out of my house" She said, looking at me. "And don’t bother coming back"

My eyes widened, didn’t see that one coming.

I picked up Avil but mama stopped me, taking Avil into her arms tightly.

Avil squirmed around in Mama's arms, reaching for me, tears falling down her face.

"You are not part of this family" Mama snapped, walking back into the kitchen, holding Avil in a death grip as she cried.

I would get her out of here, I thought as I picked up my school bag and walked out the door