Part 24

Harrison P.O.V.

Going to church, the one thing my mama still had over me, was horrible.

Practically the whole town was there and we sat down after singing, me holding Avil on my lap.

The priest was in the middle of speaking when suddenly the entrance door open.

In walked in about thirty people.

The whole town stared at the people who were obviously from the freak show.

I saw Marron and Hexas walking among them and I fought the urge to stand up and go to Marron. She looked as beautiful as ever in low cut skinny jeans and her usual black tank top that stopped just above her navel.

The two people in front, a women and a man, were obviously the head of the freak show, the guy was wearing tight black and white trousers and black silk shirt and the woman was wearing tight red and black trousers and a black waist coat that showed a lot of cleavage.

I realised then that they were Marron and Hexas parents, the woman looking a lot like Marron when you saw her face, her lips painted the same screaming red as Marron’s.

"You sinners are not welcome here" The priest said loudly at the front of the church, holding up a wooden cross.

The man laughed a ghostly sound that made the hairs on my arms send on end. "There are no vampires among us" He said. "And this is a holy house, everyone is welcome"

"God does not welcome you into his house, you are sinners" The priest repeated.

Honestly I was with the Freaks on this one, that everyone was welcome in the church.

"If were sinners then why were we made?" The man asked raising his eye brows.

He acted kind of drunk, his voice loud and the way he walked forward, carefully putting on foot in front of the other, almost like he was walking on a tight rope.

The priest didn’t know what to say so the man laughed and they sat down in the pews at the back.

My eyes caught Marron's and she winked at me, a small movement making her beautiful long dark lashes cast a shadow on her cheek.

There were whispers all round the church, whispers of disapproval.

"This is insane, I didn’t think they could even go into a church" I heard Mrs. Thomas say to her husband, who didn’t look like he was the tiniest bit interested what went on.

My phone vibrated in my pocket as the priest started talking again, reading shit out of the bible that didn’t even make any sense.

Make an excuse to get out of here, the text said and I smiled, turning to look at Marron who smiled back.

I turned to text back. My mama's pretty strict.

Think of something, I know how creative you can be. She text back after a minute.

"Mummy" Avil said, pulling on Mama's coat.

"What?" She snapped quietly.

"I'm bored" She moaned loudly, so that the people in front of us turned to look at Avil.

"Harrison" My mum whispered. "Get her out of here"

I silently nodded and picked up Avil, walking down the isle, winking at Marron as she watch me leave.

"You’re a life saver" I smiled at Avil. "How did you know I wanted to leave?"

Avil just smiled and shrugged, just as Marron came out, appearing out of nowhere.

"Nice" Marron smiled at Avil.

Avil smiled at Avil and I put Avil down.

"Going to play with gravestones" Avil smiled and walked off, looking small and cute.

"Still don’t believe me that she's not all human?" Marron asked.

I sighed as I followed her round the back of the church. "go on then, what is she?"

"Haven’t worked it out yet, but she definitely is" Marron said, leaning back on the old church wall.

Marron P.O.V:

I lent back against the wall and Harrison stood in front of me, his fingers lacing in mine.

I quickly released my fingers and wrapped my arms around his neck; it was a little less personal.

He moved his lips to mine, his tongue going into my mouth gently.

He pulled away after a minute brushing his fingers across my cheek.

I quickly took his hand and put it round my waist. I really didn’t want his touching me like that.

To say it didn’t feel nice would be lying, it felt amazing, my cheek tingling from his touch but it was way out of my comfort zone.

When he tried to touch my cheek again I pulled away.

"Just stop trying to touch me" I said, taking a step away from him.

"What?" He said. "I thought because we were going out-"

I laughed and he stopped.

"What’s so funny?" He asked, frowning.

"You actually thought I was going out with you?" I said, stopping my laughing with an effort, he was thicker then I thought.

"Well I guessed we were considering what we did Friday and last night" He said, looking at me.

"We're having fun" I said, surely that had been obvious. "Nothing more than fun Harrison, like I do with Lewis"

Woops, that wasn’t supposed to come out.

"Lewis?" he said in disbelief. "You have been doing it with Lewis?"

"It’s not as if were actually going out or anything, you can’t tell me who I can and cant be with" I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

This really wasn’t working. So much for getting money from him.

"Well I thought we were" He said. "Thanks for setting me straight" He said before walking off.

I watched him leave. For the first time ever feeling bad for hurting someone.

Honestly I did like him, but I was Marron, Freak show prostitute. I would never love.

Even though I felt something in my chest brake as I watched him walk away It was for the best, I said to myself, It meant that I was single and could get more money from other guys.

My head believed that was the right thing to do but my heart still broke into little pieces as Harrison disappeared.