Amber

I'm mopping the floor, and Mallory is reading in her chair. It's the sequel to How To Be More Evil. She's completely oblivious. I bet if it rained confetti she wouldn't even notice. I hear a creak, and I turn around to see a figure in the doorway. A couple steps closer lets me know it's Rose. I cock my head questioningly, and she gives me the shush sign. Then, she runs in, picks up the bucket of mop water, and dumps it on Mallory's head. Mallory splutters, then gets up, an expression of utter rage on her face.

"Well that plan didn't work," Rose says, looking confused.

"What did you think would happen?" I ask.

"I though she would melt," Rose says sheepishly.

Mallory tackles Rose and pins her to the ground, hands on her throat. I can't let her do this. I get a running start and push Mallory off of her, but she just turns it around and pins me instead. Rose takes out a bag of dust and throws it on her. Mallory groans in pain as her hands are forced behind her back. She gives a little nod of her head, and Rose is frozen. There's no one left to save me, but Mallory can't hurt me, so it seems we are stuck.

Then Mallory shifts her weight from my stomach to my chest. Then I feel her inching towards my throat, until she is crushing my windpipe. I can't breathe. This is her inventive way of killing me. I smile.

"What are you smiling about? I'm killing you!"

"I love you, Mallory."

I close my eyes and become still.