Amber

Even after all the times I've been *this* close to dying, this is probably the most scared for my life I've ever felt. Gold walks in the cell, then stops. He turns around and looks towards the hall. I freeze after seeing a little wisp of hair fly back behind the wall. Gold locks the cell behind him and disappears around the corner to the hall. A moment later he returns, dragging Belle by the arm. He throws her to the ground and starts beating her with his cane. "BELLE!" I scream. He kicks her into the wall and I can see a wound on her neck. I find myself reaching for the little golden key that Gold had dropped just out of my reach. I finally grab it and scramble to unlock the cage while Gold is oblivious, still beating Belle. I jump on his back to stop him. He flips me over and I lay in a crumpled heap next to Belle. Gold looks like he's about to swing at her again, but I dive in front of her. His cane hits my head full force, and I get dizzy. Gold tries to hit Belle from different angles, but I keep trying my best to protect her. She ends up with a cut on her neck, and probably a few bad bruises. I think I have a head wound, a broken rib, a bad cut on my leg, and many bruises. The beating seems to have stopped. I'm barely conscious. Gold takes one of my arms and I assume one of Belle's and drags us, first up the stairs, then out the door, through the street, and into the woods, where he leaves us, probably thinking we'll die, and if we don't that we'll come groveling back to him begging for forgiveness. I feel Belle's hand inch over and hold on to mine. "Belle?" I ask, "Are we gonna die?"

"I don't know, honey. I don't know."

"If we do die, I'm glad I get to spend my last moments with you."