Amber

We're knee deep now. "HELP!" Maggie screams.

"Save your breath. You're gonna need it," I say. The water is thigh level now.

"So, what was your life like?" She asks.

"Are you seriously asking me that question?"

"Well, Regina mentioned some trauma in your life, and I want to know what happened."

"Well, first my stepmother used me as her servant, then she sold me off to Regina, who at that time was also evil, then just as Regina started to love me, I was yanked away from her and put back into Mallory's home as a result of the curse. Then I ran away to find Regina, only to be kidnapped again by Mallory, who then abused me even more than she did before. I was stolen back by Regina and while I was hiding out on Hook's ship, Mallory found me and tried to kill me. They then found away to turn Mallory good, and once everyone was happy and I thought I was safe, Jasmine kidnapped me and locked me in her dungeon until Juliet kidnapped her daughter, then I was traded so Jasmine could get her back. Juliet's heart was taken by Jasmine and then she tried to kill me, and when that didn't work, Jasmine turned Mallory bad and then Mallory took my heart and tried to make me kill Regina and Emma. I agreed to go back and be her servant if she promised my family wouldn't get hurt, and I was abused worse than ever when I went back. Rose tried to save me, but that didn't work out too well because it resulted in Malory trying to kill me again, and I had to be rescued by Regina. I went back to Mallory's house because I knew I had to make her good again, and one night I snuck away to get a potion from your son that would make her good again. After I gave Mallory the potion, I had to return to Gold and, as payment for the potion, I became his prisoner. He then found out that Belle had been visiting me and he started beating us. He dragged us out into the woods to hide the evidence, and I actually died this time, but then Regina awakened me with true love's kiss, and then you came to town, and now we're here," I finish, and after this long monologue the water is up to our necks. It keeps rising until our faces are just barely above the surface. Jasmine walks into the room.

"Alright, since you're about to drown, I have a deal for you. You can either give me your hearts and be my slaves, or you can stay here and drown," she says, and Maggie and I have to take a large breath and go under. "Do we have an agreement?" She asks. Maggie and I look at each other, then nod. All the water vanishes. We cough up water, gasping and spluttering for air. We climb out of the tank, and Jasmine takes our hearts. She leads us away.

I look over at Maggie. I barely know this woman, yet I am afraid she will be the last face I ever see.