A pup

4._Lexus

The next morning, I went to the said Academy. My excuse was to hire the group of students who cooked for us at the party for our wedding anniversary.

Me and my wife went there, the teacher of the group who named Maria presented them to us.

The mate I was looking for wasn't there. I wonder where it is now.

"Are you sure it was only them who went with you to the Royal pack?" I asked Maria, making sure about the group because I can't smell a hint of the mate's scent around this kids.

"Yes my King.." Maria answered.

"Okay then, we have to go. They can start presenting dishes tomorrow for the taste test, so please send them to the palace as soon as possible."

I'm actually thinking it twice about hiring them because my the mate wasn't there. But i have to make my excuse of hiring people believable so I have no choice but to.

We went home that day with me thinking if maybe I just imagined smelling him or her the other day? But I have this feeling of dread lurking inside me.

I hope everything stay's fine as it is now,  my family, my wife,  and the kingdom.

The day passed rather quickly. The new cook that we recruited settled the next morning.

Everything was quite peaceful and I already forgot about the mate that I was supposed to search for my wolf thinking that it was just an error smelling him or her the other day.

My wife decided to have a vacation somewhere i don't know. But my schedule was tight resulting for them to left me behind and go for that vacation without me.

I am about to finish signing all the papers that needed my sign when one of my  pack warriors linked me.

"Alpha, there's an explosion of Academy! A lot of Omega was hurt badly, some are dead already-"

MATE!!

I didn't get to have a chance to hear everything my warrior was saying when my wolf decided to wake up from his deep slumber within me.

Zion was in rage. He shoved me inside and take the lead over my human body.

Now I'm just the third person here. I thought wolves only take charge when we are in a wolf form? Well, i guess I am wrong.

Zion took my keys and drive off. Now I'm amazed on how he drive smoothly like a pro, cutting all the violation my driving school once thought me.

We arrived at the place that were in chaos. My warriors was scattered all over the place tending all the injured omega, and taking all dead body's in one place for their cremation.

Some police officers was there to investigate. Good thing, those officers were also part of our pack. Tin, one of the officers and warriors who called me awhile ago walked towards us.

"Alpha..." Tin didn't finish his word when my wolf snarled at him. "Alpha Zion.."

If course he knows it was Zion now. He always do that snarling to everyone.

"Is everyone injured gathered in one place?"

"Yes Alpha. This way."

Tin lead us to a group of omega with warriors giving them  medical care. One of the injured was Maria.

"A-alpha.. P-please save.." She took a painful inhale before continuing her sentence. "....t-the p-prophecy.. K-Killl.. He's here!" She paused for another intake of a painful breath. "Kill.. Is your Mate Alpha." She whispered for the others not to hear.

"I know woman! Where is he?!" Zion asked rudely.

Maria only managed to lift her lumpy arms to the direction where our mate might is before she was out cold dead.

Zion the uncaring wolf that he is for others except to our mate, run off to the direction where Maria pointed for us.

Zion sniff the air for our mate scent and a small drift of a wild nature and flower scent guide us to where a small bundle of furr was lying unconscious on the ground.

Mate, mate, mate, mate, mate.

Zion was repeating the word in a mantra over his mind. He is happy, and I am too..

I am actually very much happy..

My heart soar when Zion picked our mate up and cradle him inside our chest. He's very small, delicate, beautiful, and his scent is addictive. I felt a strong possessiveness for the small pup. A great feeling that I've never  felt towards my wife.

Our mate bond.. The mate pull..

Now I'm screwed!

Everything is falling a part and at the same time, a great possessive wall much greater that the Great Wall of China is building inside my heart for this pup.

Goddess, what are you planning to do to me.?