《7》

Autumn

I walk back over to my table. Will about done with his toast.

"Do I have to rest today?" I ask him tapping my finger to a random beat on the table.

Will stopped chewing on the toast. He swallowed the rest of it down. "Just be careful. If you feel lightheaded or dizzy. Immediately come to the infimary."

"I'll be careful." I playfully punch him on the shoulder. "Try and let loose once in a while."

I decide to take a walk around Camp Half-Blood. It was very relaxing. A soft breeze filled the air. Which made my long hair fly all over the place. In surrender to my hair, I put it in a loose pony tail. I never knew that there was an Amphitheater, and a Rock climbing wall at this Camp.

About 20 demigods were skillfully climbing to the top of the wall. But wooden poles kept poking out of the wall, mechanically. Which knocked a dude off the wall. He landed on his back on the pebbled ground. Ouch! That's got to leave a mark. And two satyrs in white Paramedic uniforms rush to his side. The other demigods watched the Satyrs carry him away in a Stretcher. They exchanged drachmas. I tried my best to not stare at the rock wall for long. It brought back to many memories.

I wandered North of the rock wall. Passing through a forest and a small creek. My tennis shoes stepped onto the sand. A sign that read 'Firework Beach/ Long Island Sound' I stared at the water. This was way bigger than the lake. Waves rolled in with the tide, crashing onto the golden sand. I lay down in the sand and stare up at the sky. The sand was hot to the touch, but it didnt bother me. The sun was shinning bright upon the beach. I felt like my skin was soaking up the sun rays, like a sponge. Making me feel stronger, healthier, and reborn. I sit back up to see if I was alone. The coast was clear so I start to sing a tune. I've never thought of singing and music for a long time. Ever since Kasidee was kidnapped. But now she is dead. Sometimes my self coffidence was never that strong, when I'm in front of people.

"2 am, where do I begin." I start quietly. I thought I should give it a try. Since no one is here watching me.

"Crying off my face again. The silent sound of loneliness. Wants to follow me to bed." My singing started to get louder. But only loud enough for me to hear "I'm a ghost of a girl, that I want to be most. I'm a shell of girl that I used to know well. Dancing slowly in an empty room. Can the lonely take the place of you. I sing myself a quiet lullaby." My singing gets cut off by a bubbling sound in the water.

I stopped staring at the sky. I looked at Long Island Sound. The boy from the training area, was standing on the water. Watching me, not creepy at all. His jade colored eyes were full of concern and, was that admiration.

I turn away from the beach and run back onto camp grounds. Gods, that's was embarassing. My legs were bare due to the shorts. Twigs scraped against my knees. And I tripped on some rocks and tree roots. I follow the small creek towards camp. I finally came out of the woods.

The mess hall stood tall in front of me. Great, I'm back where I started.

I saw Jessica. She was wearing armor, with a helmet. The helmet had blue hair coming out from the top of it.

"Where have you been?" Jessica asked me. "Your.....scar healed!"

"It did?" I traced my fingertips over the smooth skin of my forehead. No bumps, not stitches. "It did!" How did that happen?

"C'mon." She pulled me by the arm.

"Where are we going?" I ask her. Some other demigods had their armor on too. Some of them wore red helmets and some of them wore blue helmets. Swords, knives and various other weapons were in their hands.

Are we going to War? I thought.

Jessica laughed. "No silly, we are playing Capture the Flag."