《13》

*New York City P.2*

Nicholas has been flying around in silence. It was very weird and unnatural for him to not talk. Especially for this long period of time. What if he never talks to me ever again? Calm down Autumn!

We have been flying around the city for about two hours and Aaron is nowhere to be seen.

"Looks like we have to go down there oursleves." Jessica said as she dove down for a spot to land.

I've never been to New York. I guess it was sort of a dream to be here. I've seen this location in many movies. Battery Park, I recalled. The bright lights of the light posts lit up the park completely. Couples were strolling together on the bike trails, squirrels chased each other on the ground, and crickets sang their symphonies. But the trees didn't look healthy. They looked like they were almost droopy. Like the skin of an elderly woman. "Grover." I thought to myself. Now I understood that he and nature were one. Without him the trees will only get worse. Stay positive.

I get off Starburst and pet her mane. "You did great Starburst. I have a surprise for you." I dig in my pocket and bring out a sugar cube. Starburst neighed in delight. I feed her the sugar cube.

Jessica hopped off of Potato. "Nicholas your gonna have to speak to us."

Nicholas shakes his head.

Jessica muttered, "Thanks for the help." Then Jessica pulled out one of her blades and pinned Nicholas against a tree. The blade was nearly inches from his neck. "Your wasting precious time. Who knows the demigod that we are finding is being captured? Dead, for all we know. All because of you and your idiotic friend Aaron." She spoke deadly serious.

Nick gulped down. "Hey said that he wanted to walk around Times Square. That's all I know, I swear."

Jessica drops him and puts away her blade. "Let's go. The Pegasi will be find the mortals won't see them."

I stare at her dibelief. "Okay." I follow her, behind I heard Nick following. I didn't think he had a choice. We walked for about 15 minutes and we finally made it out of the park. The streets were buzzing with life. Taxi cabs, busses, bikers, and walkers. All together in one intersection. Blinking lights flashed red, green and yellow. Keeping- or trying to keep everything in order.

We probably looked like regular teens walking around New York. Ha! Regular teens...if only they knew. Nick and I follow Jessica. She stopped on the sidewalk where dozens of other people were waiting to cross. The air smelled like exhaustion from cars, and trash lying about on the sidewalks.

Jessica walked up to one dude who was carrying a cup of coffee in one hand, holding a suitcase with the other, and using his shoulder with the side of his cheek to hold his phone while he was talking into it.

"Excuse me sir," Jessica greeted. "Can you please tell me where Times Square is?"

The man turned the other way ignoring her. The white light lit up white telling people to cross.

Jessica grumbled to herself. The man splashed his coffee on the pedestrian walking in front of him. Then he dropped his suit case and tripped over it. Causing a huge commotion of laughter to errupt. And also causing angry drivers to honk at their car horns. Telling us to get a move on.

"I have an idea." Nick finally said. He dug in the pocket of his jeans and brought out a drachma. He threw it on the ground saying, "Stêthi 'Ô hárma diabolês."

A burst of gray fog rushed past the honking cars and stopped in front of us. Jessica smiled, "The Chariot of Damnation."