《20》

*I meet Nick's Dad*

Nick's P.O.V

       What would Hermes think of her? What if he doesn't like her? Of course he'll like her, she's Autumn for Gods sake.

"Woah Nicholas slow down!" I was practically pulling Hermes to the waiting room. Then I got too excited and started running. Papers flew everywhere, and nymphs yelled in anger. But I didn't care, my father was actually going to meet Autumn...someone that I lo-...deeply care about.

I made it to the meeting room, and Hermes was almost out of breath. My eyes searched around the room and they met hers.

"Autumn! You look great!" I smiled so wide that it made my cheeks hurt. Tone it down ya doofus!

Autumn look well rested, and she had a change of clothes. She now wore grey sweatpants, and a UPS hoodie. Which perfectly complimented her tan skin and green eyes. Her hair frizzy and screaming BEDHEAD. She saw Hermes and respectfully stood up from the couch, fixed her hair as best as she could, and walked over to him. She held her hand, "It's nice to meet you Hermes."

He hesitated before shaking her hand. As if he was afraid she'll burn him. "It's a pleasure to meet you in person Ms. Mitchell." He let go of her hand, and checked his hand. "Nicholas has told me many things about you."

I cringed at the last part of my father's greeting.

Aubrey looked at me with wide eyes, she twiddled with her fingers, wearing a goofy grin. "Really?" She asked him.

"Yeah, and he told me that you are a daughter of Apollo." Hermes places his hands in his pockets. The mood quickly turned, I could hear the skepticism in my father's tone.

Aubrey furrowed her eyebrows, I can tell she sensed judgement in the room.

" Your father and I never got along. Even though the big man wanted us to be bbf's." Hermes rolled her eyes.

"Bbf's?" I asked.

"Best brothers forever. Pfft-" Hermes looked at me. "Apollo is literally a drama  queen. When we were teens I stole his-" he made air quotes with his fingers. "Oh so special cattle. And he didn't take it lightly, so he cried to Father and I was grounded. Wait scratch that, grounded didn't even come close to what Zeus made me do. I had to apologize to Apollo and return his cattle. And then his ungodly chores." Hermes shivered as he finished that sentence.

He faced Autumn again. "Apollo was never my favorite brother, and his offspring are not far different from him."

Autumn's face showed that she was affected by Hermes words. My protective instincts kicked in.

I spoke to Hermes. "Autumn is nothing like Apollo. She's intellegent, bright, courageous, kind, and beautiful."

Hermes looked down at me, "Young love is blind. Don't get to attached to her. She'll move on as soon as she gets her sister back, she'll leave you."

My fists clench at my sides. "Y-you don't know anything!" I yell at him. I didn't care if I was yelling at my father, yet alone yelling at a god.

Autumn held my hand and pulled me aside. "Nicholas, you need to calm down." She told me.

"No. He shouldn't say stuff like that to you." I stare into her eyes, my fists unclench, feeling a calm wave wash my rage.

I turn to my father, "I can't be in the same room with you right now. We must leave."

I left the waiting room, and walked to the hallway, holding Autumn's hand in mine.

"You're oddly calm about this..." Autumn  looked at me in concern.

"All thanks to me."

Autumn

"All thanks to me." I turn my head to see Jessica standing down the hall. Her dusted pink cheeks were visible on her fair skin. Her bright blue eyes glimmered with life. She was in tan jeans, and in a brown, tucked in, UPS polo.

I smile and hug her. "We thought we lost you."

She hissed a bit, as I nearly squeeze all of the air out of her lungs. "Autumn calm down, I just passed out." There she goes again, always being persuasive.

Nick broke out of his calm trance. "Woah Jessica! You're alive!" He also hugged her.

"Guys, I didn't die! Stop hugging me!" Jessica said with a small smile. "If it weren't for me, Nick would've made us all get kicked out right about now." She lightly hit Nicholas on the shoulder. "What were you thinking, you should use your head in these type of situations. It isn't smart to argue with a god."

"But he was-" Nicholas frowned.

" No! I don't wanna hear it. I want to be able to sit down and eat a meal before we actually leave this place." Jessica stopped Nicholas from even continuing to try to win the argument.

I nod. "Food sounds great right now."

Nicholas sighed, "I'll catch up with you guys later. I have to let off some steam." He ran down the hall, leaving me with Jessica.

Jessica shook her head. "Oh Autumn the things Nicholas does for you."

"What do you mean?" I ask, completely confused.

"Nothing. It's absolutely nothing." Jessica made her way to the cafeteria in the warehouse, and I followed her.

He said that I was Beautiful.