《8》

*Capture the Flag! (WARNING: Not the football kind)*

Authors Note
.Song is called Youth - by Foxes

I remember playing capture the flag in Junior High. My gym class was playing outside on the soccer field. The whole class was wearing navy blue gym shorts, and white t-shirts. Our school mascot, Oliver the Ox, had his face on the front of our t-shirt. The day was a little cloudy. The air felt damp. The dead grass was littered with geese droppings.

All the big, stocky, popular kids. Were all on one big team. They all had Red strips attached to their velcro belt.

And the weak, uncool, nerdy kids were on a team. Their color was blue. Guess which I was in. Yep, I was on the nerd team.

My gym teacher, who roamed with the dinosaurs. Was sitting on his lawn chair reading the news paper. Once again he wasn't paying attention to us.

Kim, the leader of the jocks swaggered up to my team. "Okie, chumps you should surrender now, we all know your going to lose." He was so big, rumor has it that he took steroids.

My team of course wimpered and stepped back. I didn't listen to Kim, because I snuck in my Ipod shuffle in gym.

He walked over to me and pushed me. Only enough to move me back a few millimeters. "Hey, didn't you hear me?"

I kept my cool.......Literally. I took each ear bud out of my ear slowly. And stared up at Kim. "Sorry I couldn't hear you. Your breath is so bad, it made my ears numb."

My team chuckled. Kim's face was the color of a Red Corvette. "Oh, your going to get killed in the field." I tuck away my ear buds and Ipod in my gym uniform shorts.

He swagered back to his side of the feild.

Kim asked, "Can we start coach?"

"Sure." He flipped to the next page of his news paper.

Kim started with the football. "Hike!"

On cue mid receivers all charge at once at my team. Some kids fainted, stood there as if they were watching the grass grow, and some of them turned pale. My team was useless.

One of Kim's buddy, Jarred. Was wide open to the left of the field. Kim throws the football. I race towards Jarred arms extended. And before the ball landed in his hands, I touched his arm.

"Ah!" Jarred screamed and held his burnt arm in pain. The ball hit him in the head. And he laid on the ground in a daze. I grabbed the ball from the ground. I smile with pride, I actually have the ball in my hands. And run over to the other half of the field. Kim blocked my way. Giving me an evil smile. He charged forward, like a bull.

"Autumn, over here!" I hear someone call out.

I throw the ball to the voice, and Kim tackled me to the ground.

A boy with strawberry red hair, caught the football with accuracy. And slipped past the defenders, sucessfully, he reached to the goal without his belt being pulled off.

"TOUCHDOWN!" My team yells.

"Touchdown?" Said Kim's team.