《16》<EDITED>

*The Aftermath*

Autumn's P.O.V

All I remember is scurrying around the room, squeaking like a rodent. My itsy bitsy paws changed into hands, my abnormally large teeth shrank back to human size. I stand up on my two legs and look around me. And quickly I fall back down, my palms felt like they were shoved into boiling water. The diner was completely destroyed. The floor was flooded with sewage water, with formations of black rock. Lava glowed through the cooled black rock. Small flames danced on table tops. My clothes were completely covered in ash, soot and sewage.

Nick rested against a broken table; pieces of tile scattered across the flooded floor. His hair was wind swept- probably from running. And his shirt was mostly torn to shreds. The burnt mark on his cheek was still there. I wanted that mark to go away.

Jessica, on the other hand, was a sickly color of white. Her lips were cracked and scabbed, her blue eyes were sunken into her skull. She looked like she came freshly out of a coffin. Dehydration. There was lots of water around us, but it sewage water. Water......Aaron!

I look around me and in the midst of destruction, Aaron was nowhere to be found. I had to get Jessica some water. Quickly I run into the kitchen and find a gallon of water lying in what used to be the refrigerator.

Once I come back into the diner through the doors what's left of them, Nick was gaining conscious. A few sputtered coughs and vomit told me that he was almost okay. I kneel next to Jessica and raise her head up. I uncapped the gallon of water and held it up to Jessica's mouth. I pour the water some droplets trickled down her chin. I stopped pouring and gave Jessica some time to swallow it before choking.

"C'mon Jess." I plead, "Wake up."

After a few minutes I pour the water into her mouth, and give her a moment. The heart wrenching process repeated for about two more times. Jessica hands grasp onto the gallon and she gulped down the whole gallon.

Jessica looked around her and saw what was left of the diner. In a coarse voice she sneered. "That disgraceful, irritating son of a sardine."

After that she threw up, not on me thankfully. Since she told me that almost all of water in her body had been compressed the only liquid she had in her body was blood. When she coughed, blood came out, including some of the water she drank a few minutes before.

"More." She held out the plastic gallon.

"Don't worry guys...I'm completely fine. Don't worry about it." Nick mumbled and he tried to get up.

I went back into the kitchen to go scavenge another gallon of water. I searched in the same place I found the first one, but none were left.

I came back into the diner and tell Jessica. "I couldn't find anymore."

Jessica gave me a small glance before coughing even more.

Nick looked down at his shirt, that resembled Swiss Cheese. "Holy cow!" (ah! The puns are horrible😦 )

Jessica and I didn't respond to the terrible pun.

"Tough crowd." He grumbled and winced a bit as he held his side to sit down.

"Autumn...you there?" Asked the familiar voice of my Father.

"Yeah..." I reply and looked at my friends. Nick looked badly burned and bruised. Jessica....was almost near the resemblance of a corpse.

"I can help you...but you just need to leave the diner as soon as possible." Apollo told me.

"Why?" I ask aloud. Both Nick and Jessica gave me weird looks.

"Because you are going to have company soon. And its not the good kind." He warned.

At that moment I knew what he meant.

"Nick," Before I could finish my sentence. He went to go help Jessica. She tried to stand up, but she struggled.

Nick looks at me. "Autumn, you need to help her."

"Me?! B-but I can't!" I shake my head and step back.

"Yes you can." He said with certainty. "I know you can." He reached his hand out for me.

I hesitantly take his hand and he pulls me down next to him. "You are a daughter of Apollo. You can heal her."

Jessica mustered up a small nod. Her thin, cracked lips formed a smile.

I've never healed anyone before. And Nick was right. I am a daughter of Apollo. I could do this. I have to, for my best friend.

This cliffhanger tho🙂