Chapter Thirty One: Set Me Free

FINALLY DONE, THE MOMENT I'VE BEEN WORKIN TOWARDS FOR EVER. THIS IS THE FINAL CHAOTER FOR THIS BOOK. IS THAT EXCITING???? YES. YES IT IS. IT'S ALSO REALLY SAD, BUT NOT AS SAD AS THIS CHAPTER IS. DONT HATE ME. IT'S FINNA BE SO GOOD. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO EMOTIONALKY COMPEOMISED FROM WRITING BEFORE. THIS LITERALLY JUST CAME TO ME, I PLANNED VERY LITTLE OF IT. UGH, THIS WAS THE MOST EMOTIONALLY AFFECTIVE CHAPTER I'VE EER DONE.

OKAY, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. GO REA THIS AND LEVE ME COMMENTS AND MESSAGES. VOTE AND STUFF. YOU HET THE GIST. LIVE YOU ALL.

ALSO, GONNA BE DOING A NEW FANFICTION, THIS TIME ON SUPERNATURAL THE TV SERIES. REALLY AMAZING SHOW, I RECOMMEND IT!!!!

ENJOY!!!!!

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Fighting the war wasn't the hard part; the hard part was fighting while knowing what was happening inside my head, right on the edge of my personal life. Here I was, standing loyally at the side of my potential life partner, when I knew that I was going to leave him once this was all over. I felt like a cheater.

It was hard, fighting with this all buzzing in my mind. Snape. Fred. My haphazard was of showing affection. A few times, I actually almost let my thoughts get the best of me and got my head hexed off. Nevertheless, it was a triumphant enough fight.

Until I could hear him in my mind.

Judging by everyone else around me, they heard it too. A painfully vicious hiss, Voldemort himself intruding my most intimate thoughts. Hopefully he wasn't scavenging around in there, because I had some pretty scandalous secrets that would be better left unsaid for the time being. The last thing that needed to be done was a heart-to-heart about all of their feelings in the midst of a war, an especially not any emotional compromising that could lead to anyone's distraction and inevitable demise.

It had nothing to do with me, which I was selfishly thankful for, but knowing that Voldemort lusted after Harry's gruesome death sent shivers of angry fear down my spine. After all, he was supposed to save us, right? Harry was meant to e the one who ended this all; that's how this all began. Maybe he would go tithe forest, stop Voldemort. Maybe Harry would get the way of him again, just like when he was an infant. It could happen.

Yet, I knew the only reason I thought this way was because I was hopeful. Because I couldn't do anything on my own that he was supposed to do, and if I couldn't, who could? No one was destined for the terrible greatness that Harry Potter was, and without him, we would all lose faith and fall into perdition on earth.

Aimlessly, I grabbed a hold of Fred's arm. He looked at me from the side, worried and tense with impending battle. We were in the safe zone for now, but who knew how long that would last for? "I'm scared, Fred." My voice came out an unintentional whimper.

He gave me a small, reassuring smile, wrapping his arm around me. "Don't worry, love. I'll make sure nothing happens to you." He gave a small nod. My stomach dropped. I didn't deserve this at all; not after what I did, what I was going to do.

I bit my lip tentatively, shaking my head slowly. "I know, but I mean I have a bad feeling. A really bad feeling." I murmured.

Fred, obviously still very perceptive of around us of any danger, pursed his lip. "What do you mean? Like with Harry?" He asked.

"I don't know. I just feel like something terrible is happening." I stopped, scoffing with self-loath. "I mean, obviously something terrible is happening, but I feel like personally something will happen. Like I'll lose you, or something." Or Sev, I wanted to say. My worry for him has substantially swelled since Voldemort got into our heads, and since I've had no word from him. Surely he would've gotten to me by now, even if it meant Fred or someone else coming into light on our unlawful romantic escapades.