Chapter Ten: An Unexpected Visit

Sorry for not uploading so much as I used to, guys :(

I actually have NO IDEA where Im going with this!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!! Any ideas? Plot climaxes? Big twists or occurences? I don't know what to write next at all. Help? :(

- Haeley Snape

Chapter Ten

I walked down the hallway, Fred and George on either side of me. After yesterday, I still couldn't stop thinking about the Potions master. What did it mean? Were we officially something? Was there something there? I mean, it isn't like he announced to me that we were going steady, or anything. And it's not like we actually could. But still... That kiss wasn't like the ones before. It was... Different.

So it meant something, right?

Fred swung his arm around my shoulder. "In deep thought, are we?" He gave me a sideways look, and I rolled my eyes. Ever since the other day when I accidentally gave away something about Snape and I, he has been lestering me nonstop a out it. There was no way I was giving up anything, though. I pursed my lips, pretending to think for a moment. "Nope. Nothing." I said easily, letting out a deep breath. George swung his arm around my shoulder as well, staring forward. "I dunno, Mina. You look as if something has been on your mind lately." He added.

"Or," Fred leaned in closer, staring me down, "someone?" He finished. I grimanced and ducked under them, sliding out of their reach and stopping. They both came to a halt and turned, watching me. Books pressed to my chest, I shook my head at them both. "I dot know where you two are going with this, but I've got some things to do. I'll see you both at dinner." and with that, I marched off.

I could feel the twins watching me go with bewilderment and curiosity, and I knew that they would go to even further extents to discover my secret. And knowing them, they would find out eventually. I kind of wanted to tell them- it's no like I can keep it a secret forever, after all. But how would they react? They would defiantly be shocked, but would they think less of me by knowing of my secret infatuation and (maybe?) relationship with our professor?

No. I would keep my secret for as long as I could. I was trekking down the hall, mind still buzzing, when I collided with someone. I looked up to see Dumbledore. I backed away a bit. "Sorry, Headmaster. I was-"

"Thinking?" He finished. I gave him a curious look, and he returned it with a small laugh. "I can see it on your face. Something very important must be going on." He replied. But the way he was watching me, blue eyes sparkling behind those half-moon glasses of his, it seemed as if he already knew just what was on my mind.

I lolled my head to one side, shrugging my shoulders. "Yes... I'm just a bit confused is all, sir." I admitted. There was no lying to Albus Dumbledore. It was like he could read into your soul, or something.

Dumbledore gave me a knowing look. "Care to talk about it?"

I wasn't really sure if I wanted to gush my feelings about the Potions professor to the Headmaster- not only was it embarrassing, but it could also very well get us all into a major bit of trouble. I hesitated a second, but shook my head, casting my eyes downwards. "No, sir... It's really. It that important." I fibbed.

I couldn't see his facial expression, but I was sure he was giving me a 'really, now?' look. He could tell. For all I knew, he probably was already fully aware of Snape and I. A few seconds passed, and Dumbledore cleared his throat. I looked up. "Well, if you ever change your mind, you know where to find me." He told me, then moved around my ridged body and walked away.

It took me a moment to gather my composure again, but I managed to move my feet through the hallway, down the stairs, and into the dungeons. Quietly, I knocked on the door. I took a deep breath, hoping to have my bearings this time. I hated the way he could twist and bend me, make me so shy and speechless. I was opinionated, outspoken Philomena- no one got the best of me. I always had a comeback and I never failed to conquer the class.

But him... He could say one word, and make me melt. Make me blush, make me stumble over words to say. It really irked me. Not this time, though. I wouldn't be left dumbfounded this time.

The door opened, and he stood there, a small shard of surprise in his black eyes, though his facial expression didn't falter or change in the slightest. "Miss Chesmu." He raised on eyebrow at me. I gave him a sly grin. "Professor. I have an assignment here for you." Which was actual true, but I swayed my words to make him think otherwise. Snape grunted low in his throat, his eyes not leaving mine.

"You can wait until tomorrow." He said sharply, shutting the door in my face. My loose, short hair, which was curled in large ringlets, flew back from the quick puff of air. I blinked a few times, my eyes wide, and registered what just happened. Had he really just rejected me?

Then I realized it- I was speechless again. Confused and in awe. He got one over on me. Angry now, I knocked on his door again, harder and louder this time, eyes narrowed. He answered again, a scowl on his face. I shoved the paper into his chest. "You'll take this assignment whether you like it or not!" I growled.

A smirk appeared on his face. Before I could question why, a voice rang from inside of the room. "Philomena, is that you?" Dumbledores voice rose. My jaw slightly dropped, and I looked from Snape to the door, then back to Snape. Still smirking, he raised an eyebrow at me, signaling that it was my move. I narrowed my eyes and darkened my glare at him before walking into the room, my expression light and innocent. I was sure to make as much contact as I could with him as I slid last him into the room, though without looking too suspicious.

"Hello, sir! Funny, I just saw you in the halls. It didn't look like you were coming this way." I chirped, though inside I was nervous, my feelings storming and insides churning. He had to be tipped off about Snape and I now. No doubt about it. But I had to play it cool and act as if nothin out of the ordinary was happening. And of there was one thing I was good at doing, it was playing it cool.

Dumbledore gave me a smile. "Yes, well, I had to speak with Professor Snape about something." He told me. I couldn't be sure with Dumbledore, but he looked like he didn't know anything. Then again, this was Albus Dumbledore- king of cleaver and all-knowing. But if I made it look like I only came down here to deliver a simple paper, then perhaps I could get away with it.

I blinked, looking sorry. "Oh, my apologies. I didn't mean to intrude, I just had to get this paper in soon. I'll come back later, then." I turned to leave, Snape still lingering by the door like an ominous shadow. My back to Dumbledore, I gave Snape a small scowl. He moved his gaze over me and to his desk area carelessly.

Dumbledore stood, his chair moving back with a small groan. "No, no, you being here is perfect." He said. I turned back to the older man, my face overcome with surprise, this time a completely honest emotion. Even Snape seemed fairly taken aback. "It is?" I queried in bewilderment. Snape stepped forward, stopping just a foot behind me. "It is?" He echoed.

The Headmaster nodded, clasping his papery old hands together in front of him. "Yes. For what I have to say has to do with the both of you." He told us both. I gulped. Surely he couldn't mean...

Dumbledore swept his hand out to the desk chairs around him, watching us both. "Please, take a chair. You'll want to be sitting for this."