Chapter Two: Bad News At Detention

HEY Y'ALL! so I figured out why it wasn't showing up. I saved t as a draft on accident... LOL :)

Well, enjoy!!! Vote comment fan!!!

Chapter Two

I tip-toed through the hall, hoping not to disturb anyone. I just needed to get to the Slytherin common room, and-

"What are you doing?" Hissed a husky voice from the far corner of the empty, pitch black haway. I nearly jumped out of my skin, turning to face the area where the voice came from, hands behind my back guiltily. I swallowed as they walked forward, wand raised as a soft white glow emitted from it's tip.

"Just getting some air, Professor. I could sleep." I excused. Technically, that was the truth, though I intended to sneak over to the Slytherin common room and plant a spell that would surely "blow them away", if you catch my drift. Pansey Perkinson shoved Ginny into a batch of icky mud the other day, and payback was overdue.

Snape, however, sneered at this. "Right. Remove your hands from hiding, Miss Chesmu." He demanded, voice obviously drowsy from lack of sleep. I hesitated, thinking up a quick plan. Obediently, I showed him what my hands held: his cloak.

He seemed baffled for a moment, as to why I was lugging around his lent out cloak in the dead of night. A millisecond later he shook it off. "Right. And why are you taking a 'refreshing walk'," He emphasized heavily on the walk part, "with my lent cloak?"

I smiled at him, hidden snarkiness underscoring it. "I knew I would run into you, and though I may as well kill two birds with one stone." I replied wittily, leaning forward. He curled his lip at me, yankingthe neatly folded cloak away. He the proceeded to examin it for any signs of damage. I rolled my eyes.

I may be a pranker, but picking on teachers (especially after they aid me like he had, ven though he was snappy about it) was not on the top of my list. I gave people what they had coming. I'm like karma.

"Oh, come on, Professor. I didn't deface your cloak. How could I do that after you so kindly lent it to me?" I asked, only half sincere. He grunted dismissivly in response. "I won't take my chances. Go back to bed, Miss Chesmu." He growled, bunching up the black clothing and tucking it under his arm. I frowned.

"No deduction of points or detention?" I asked, legitimately shocked. That was a change. He looked at me over his shoulder, eyes narrowed. "Did you come looking for one?" He teased, irony and sarcasm dripping from his husky voice. I crossed my arms, pretending to think about it. "Umm, no. But you always give me detention for the dumbest things." I pointed out.

He rolled his black eyes at me. "Go back to bed now, Miss Chesmu." He ordered roughly. I sighed, turning on my heels, and felt his eyes watch me go. As I made my way down the hallway, I heard his voice call after me. "See you after class tomorrow, Miss Chesmu." He sneered. I cursed under my breath. Stubborn old git.

Fred and George patted my back in unison, and I slumped in my seat. Dinner just wasn't the same, knowing I had detention rapidly approaching, once again. "You must be setting a new record, Phil." Fred chuckled. I shot him daggers.

"Don't call me that. You know I hate it." I growled. I hadn't gotten much sleep last night; after my encounter with Snape, I couldn't even close my eyes without seeing his face. It's was agrivating in the least. Dark circles were forming under my brown eyes.

"Phili?" Tried George, grinning at his brother. I elbowed him. "I'm not a horse." (FWI: a 'filly' is a young female horse, for anyone who didn't know) I shot at him. The twins chuckles. "How about Lomen?" Fred joked. I faked a laugh. "Your a clever bunch, you are." I snapped sarcastically, bringing on more chuckled from the pair.