Chapter Seven: The Real First One

Chapter Seven

After yesterday's escapade, Dumbledore issued me an escort to every class, and to meals and to my dormitory. In a way it was cool, yet horrid since I can never be alone. Kind of a bummer.

Fred walked at my side now, escorting me to Potions class. Luckily, between him and George, they assisted me to six out of eight periods, with Dumbledore and Snape in the others, and either of them to my dormitory, since he was my last period class, and Dumbledore was... Just Dumbledore.

As Fred and I walked into Potions class, we realized something: panic. All the studded were wide yer and whisperigto one another, some looking scared to death. Fred and I exchanged bewildered looks, and hurried over to a nearby Gryffindor. Snape had yet to enter the classroom himself, bt I'm sure he'll know of whatever is causing this. Unless it was the incident with me yesterday, of course.

Fred and I approached the seventh year boy. "What's going on?" He asked, and the boy looked up at us, nodding in greeting to each of us. "You havent heard? Deatheaters."

I gasped, my blood going cold. Deatheaters... Here? As in, inside the castle grounds?! I shook my head in disbelief. No WAY Dumbkedore would let that happen. The place is WAY to heavily guarded Fortfar to even cone close to occurring. "No way. Where?" I slammed my hands on the desk, causing a few people to look over at the noise.

I stared heavily at the boy, who looked a bit surprised at my reaction. "In the castle. His morning. I can't believe you havent heard? It was right over by the Gryffindor commonroom." At that, I knew it had to do with me. Man, Snapes advice would have saved me a lit of trouble right about now. And even worse so, I'm putting my friends and fellow classmates in danger.

I stepped back, staring off into space. "This isn't good..." I sighed, and Fred placed a worried hand on y shoulder, brow creasing at me. The boy grinned, leaning forward. "Yeah, but you can take them. Your a Deathbeater!" He chuckled jokingly.

I frowned, anger bubbling up from my frustration and his comment. I lurched forward, causing him to stumble backwards a bit. I slammed my fists on the desk, narrowly my eyes at him. "Don't call me that! I didn't do any of that!" I growled, the room going silent. Suddenly, a cold sensation swept over me, along wih a farmiliar and intoxicatingly seductive scent.

I froze just as his voice crawled over my skin. "There will be none of that in my classroom, Miss Chesmu. Five points from Gryffindor." He hissed, and I closed my eyes, seething. Bastard.

I slouhed over in my seat, and the rest of the student body took their seats as well. Snape strode to the frot of the room, waving his wand and causing books to fly open to appropriate pages.

As I attempted to sneak from the room, his voice caught me like a fox trap. "You have detention today, remember, Miss Chesmu?" He sneered mockingly. Dammit. I sighed loudly, and Fred gave me a sorry look before leaving me behind reluctantly.

I closed the door, dragging my feet inside and crossing my arms. "What'll it be today, sir?" I snapped defiantly. "Scrub the filthy cauldrons Muggle style, or alphabetized your hundreds of useless books?" I smirked when he looked up at me from his writing, lip curled in anger.

Suddenly, a mocking smirk inhed over his thin, compelling lips. "Versus getting drunk and acting even more of a fool than usual?" He recoiled, and my smile fell instantly. I can't believe he's still holdingthat one against me. It's been a while day.

I huffed, marching over to him, anger flaring up. "There's always a third option, Professor." I purred jeeringly, leaning down my face dangerously close to his own. I could hear him cath his breath as my proximity, but he still retained his angered look.