Chapter Eleven: The Problem

I ACTUALLY UPDATED TODAY!!! YAAAY!! That's two days in a row so far ;)

I'm getting back Ito the grove of things, y'all! Thanks again to those who pestered me non stop about updating and forced me to with guilt and praise!! If it was t for y'all, I would still be in my writers block :)

I LOVE MY FANS!!! When my book gets published, I'm dedicating it to all my Wattpad fans :D

Also, I attatched a pic of Snape and Philomena on te side. I love it, so check it out? It's perfect for the moment in the chapter!!

PEACE!

- Haeley Snape

Chapter Eleven

"Are you sure you don't want to sit, Severus?" Dumbledore asked him yet again. Snape provided the same answer. "Positive." He grunted.

Dumbledore sighed, and I watched him with a blank face. This didn't mean for sure that he knew. Perhaps it was something else. I couldn't be sure, after all.

"Now, to get down to business." Dumbledore began, and my posture went ridged. "I think you both know why I'm here, so I don't believe it is necessary for me to explain the matter."

I looked at Snape from the corner of my eye, and saw his eyes on me. I held down a blush, and he looked away, back to Dumbledore. "I can't be sure, but I don't think Philomena's father would like this situation." He looked over to Snape, who was watching him closely and with a blank expression. "Do you, Severus?"

Snape slightly narrowed his eyes, staying silent. Dumbledore turned back to me, his gaze penetrating my aura of calmness. I shouldn't be afraid. He was just probing, really. I haven't seen my father in years. It's not like he would come around all of the sudden and start to care. "My father has never cared about me." I muttered, turning away and fixing y glare at an old cauldron. "Why would he start now?"

Dumbledore leaned forward in his seat. "You need a guardian, Philomena. He is your father, after all." The man muttered in an aged voice. My head whipped up, and I looked o the Headmaster in shock. "You mean he's... Here?" I pressed, disbelief etched into my tone. He nodded silently. I looked down. What would I say to him? "Hi dad, it's been eight years, but whatever"? How could I even look at him?

Snape's droaning voice rang in my ears, pulling me back into reality. "Why is it you came here, Dumbledore? What is the point of this?"

Dumbledore looked back to Snape. "I came here to warn you, Severus- be careful. You know how Alastor is." And with that said, he rose from his chair, and left the room.

Before I could finish registering what happened within the last five minutes, Snape grabbed ahold of my upper arm, yanking me roughly to his classroom door. "Wha-?" My surprise came out as a mangled, whispered word. A second later we were at the door, and as he reached for the handle to open it, I used my free hand to pry off his clamped grip.

I gave him an irritated glare, yanking back my arm from him. "What's your problem?" I exclaimed, flustered and frustrated. Snape scowled at me. "Shall I list them alphabeticly, or from greatest to least problematic?" He snapped. Rolling my eyes, I ran my fingers through my hair, tugging loose some of the small tangles. "How about you start with why your dragging me around like this?" I demanded.

Snape sighed, adgitated, and pinched the bridge of his nose. "We are going to apparate." He told me, eyes closed with stress. I settled down a bit, seeing him this inflicted. Honestly, I was expecting him to lash out and hiss at me or something. But seeing him like this, I chastised myself for getting so angry. I sighed. "I'm sorry for getting angry. I just... Well, my dad never comes around. I know he's busy and all, but him coming here, back into my life so suddenly is bringing on a lot of anxiety." my tone was inflicted and uneasy, and I ran a hand down my face, grumbling, and took Snape's hand.