Fun's Over

Location: Wilbur and Hiro's Dorm Room

Friday came quickly. Almost everyone was looking forward to watching a movie. True, a lot of them have seen it, but it was a nice break from their training and school work and a good enough excuse to stay up past curfew. 

"How many dates have you been on before?" Wilbur questioned as he watched Hiro throw his clothes out from his closet. The boy, was currently covered only in a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Is it obvious it's my first one?" Hiro looked up from his closet to Wilbur.

"Kinda is." Wilbur nodded. "You're worse than Tallulah during fashion week."

To say he was nervous was an understatement. 

"What do people even wear on dates?!"

"It's a movie. Just wear what you usually wear. She's not going to care." Wilbur advised.

"And how may dates have you been on, since you seem like an expert?" Hiro frowned.

"A few. And can't your genius brain help you out or is love a topic that's out of it's reach?"

"I get robotics and physics easily. But girls?" He threw his hands  in the air dramatically.

"Hey. You're already going on a date with her. You don't need to impress her. And be yourself. Violet's clearly into that. So why do you gotta try so hard?"

"Maybe because she's perfect and I'm not." Hiro sighed.

"She wouldn't have considered going out with you if she didn't think the same about you. So go and put a shirt on and go enjoy your date."

Even if Wilbur was trying to help, Hiro couldn't help the butterflies in his stomach. It was his first real date. He didn't know how these things went. Still, he was going out with Violet and it couldn't be different than the other times they've interacted? Could it?

"Speaking of dates, aren't you suppose to be meeting Penny in a few minutes?" Hiro reminded as he threw a shirt over himself.

"You worry about your date and I'll worry about mine." was all Wilbur said before rushing out the door.

Location: Violet and Penny's Dorm Room

"Can you believe that guy?!" Penny said annoyed as she paced around their room. Violet remained sitting on her bed, her head moving side to side, following her roommate and best friend.

"But I thought you wanted to go out with him?" Violet said. She would've understood if she was the one mad at Wilbur, but with the way Penny had been crushing on him, the invisible super wasn't sure she followed.

"He thinks we're going on a date. We're just studying. I know I said all dates are official, but this doesn't count. I only said that because you and Hiro clearly liked each other and were so oblivious to it."

"Isn't that technically the same thing?" Violet stated. "I mean you and Wilbur obviously like each other and you're hanging out together, alone."

"I..." Penny froze mid sentence. "Maybe I'm mad that he didn't ask me straightforward and used a bet to do it." she sighed and sat down on her own bed.

Violet got up from her bed and joined her. "You're making over a big deal over a science study date. And if you really want to get back at him for using your words against you, just ignore his advances and show him it's not a date date." Violet smirked. She grew up with two brothers and she knew that most guys would get annoyed if their actions didn't affect others.

"So what? If he makes a move I..."

"Push him away." Violet motioned. "Then he'll probably get the hint that he needs to try harder to go on a date with you."